Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sewing Basket Rescued

I rescued this wicker sewing basket from the in-laws before the sale and the cleanout.  It is kind of cool.  Someday, when I have a sewing room I will put it in there.  With some TLC,  soft brush and Murphy's Oil Soap it cleaned up pretty good.  It was made by Heywood and Wakefield.  I tried to research it online.  The ones you find are quite ornate.  I haven't found one like this.  It was probably a inexpensive one since there are no curly q's. 
 It was probably a light green originally.  You can see traces of the color on the inside. 
You can see the green underneath better.          




I think the coolest thing is that there is still a serial number under the shelf.  I think there is a book that I may have to try and get a copy and look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment