Sunday, November 21, 2021

A Lot of Finishing Got Done!

It was a busy week.  I took the week  off  because of all the traveling and Bob's second cataract surgery.   The surgery went well and is getting better every day.  He is not wearing glasses except for cheaters.  This guys eyes have been good and broke since he was seven or eight with a really bad astigmatism.  After I took a day to recover, Friday I was raring to good.  

My first finish was Little House Needleworks A Farm House Christmas.  I used a plaid homespun for a border and just used some onasburg on the back.  I have to adjust the loops or may decide to take them off and use something else since they just aren't right.  I just have them attached with a button so, it won't be that difficult to remove.  

This really is a very cute project.  I don't claim to be a finishing expert but, it doesn't have to be perfect.  
Some close ups. 

I really do like it as a bell pull rather than all in a square.  
It pretty much took a whole afternoon to finish.  

On Saturday, better late than never, I finished La-D-Da's a Murder of Crows into pin pillows.  
I used a grey and black Civil War Fabric on the back.  I thought about adding some wool embellishment but, was pretty tapped out when I finished.  Needless to say, I didn't  

Had several other Halloween and Fall pinkeeps with Crows.  
I thought they looked awfully cute together.  
Had to take a picture.  

A picture of the boys together on the couch.  They both love that ratty old pillow.  It is the dog pillow.  When company comes, it gets put away since it is probably pretty to gross.  

I have also made some stellar progress this week on Emily Harben 1826 from Whilst Iris Naps for Black Sampler November.  The last rows of alphabet have been stitch intensive since it has been four sided stitches and now Smyrna Crosses.  I am making some progress though and have been enjoying the stitch!

Some close ups.  


Back to work tomorrow and should be a very busy week.  I was going to take Wednesday off to start cooking.  Katy and Steve aren't coming till Thursday so I don't have worry too much about Wednesday night dinner.  It is just too busy not to see a few clients on Wednesday morning.  I anticipate no one will really appreciate it....oh well!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.  Stay safe, stay healthy and get vaccinated or boosted.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica







 

3 comments:

  1. Nice finishes.
    Love your bowl of Crows.
    The boys are too cute sitting together.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished finishes are fabulous, Monica. Well done! Glad Bob's second cataract surgery went well. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that long finish. I have been wondering what to do with Women of the Mayflower. It would be very expensive to frame. Maybe a bell pull idea would work. I do love the bowl of Fall finishes. I like crows so maybe next Fall I should do those little pillows. Doggies are so cute on the couch and very glad to hear about Bob's eyes! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete