Monday, November 15, 2021

Cross Stitch and Wedding Dress Shopping

I worked a half day on Friday and then drove to Milwaukee because Katy and I were going to go wedding dress shopping at Vera's House of Bridal in Milwaukee.  Her good friend and man of honor, Bobby was meeting us.  
I fully finished Heart to Hand Tom Turkey to bring to her and hang on a door knob.  
It's a little wonky but, I liked how it turned out.  
On my way down, I stopped at the Stitching Bee.  Kendra had ordered Brenda Gervais, Snow Ball.  She had Word Play February, I didn't have that one.  I also have been seeing Plum Street Sampler The Gather Inn being done on Instagram and thought it would go well with Cinnamon Stars.  

It was just a quick stop and then back in the car and headed south.  

We got going Saturday pretty early.  Her appointment  was for 11;30.  
So we had time to stop a Lynn's of Madison.  
Interesting store:  there have some pretty extensive selection of patterns and supplies, framing and art supplies especially painting.  

Some of the samples of stitchery on the back wall.  
You really get the full impact of a design when you see it stitched up.  
It is not a very big space but, well organized.  
There was a large selection of Scarlet Letter  and many other designers  

Thread organization:  Weeks, GAST, Classic Colorworks, NPI and Rainbow Gallery  I was looking for more Black Splendor for my black sampler.  I did get some black and red NPI, just in case.  


Huge wall of fabric, very neatly stacked.  
I picked up La D Da Three Lilies and Lucy Beam Love in Stitches Elizabeth Nichols 1824 a very sweet sampler.  

We were there probably 50 minutes.  Vera's Bridal was only a couple of miles further, maybe five minutes.  

Vera's has been around for 50-60 years and Vera still there and turning 92 this year.  They have 600 dresses of all varieties and styles.  
She had a list of dresses she wanted to try after we looked at the websites of designers and the Instagram page.
Her consultant Bridget was phenomenal.  
Unlike the other places Katy had been, I felt like Bridget listen to her, brought her things she asked for and was able to find gowns that the aesthetic Katy was looking for.  
Ultimately, she found her gown and the accessories other than the shoes.  
She'll be a beautiful bride but, I'm not posting pictures at this time.  

We had lunch at Bonefish Grill and that was really tasty  
I would have had a glass of wine but, I had to drive back to Milwaukee.  
It was a really great day and I was so glad to be part of it!

I had cooked some Italian sausage before I went to Milwaukee because I thought by the time we got home, we would be too tired to cook much.  I only had re-heat it in the sauce, make a salad and cook the penne. 
So happy I did that!.  

Then next day, I got this text message from Bob.  Yikes! About two inches of snow  That set off the anxiety level.  Thankfully the roads were only wet.  
I was able to pick up some stuff at Trader Joe's and stop at Starbucks for a coffee.  
If you do have a chance, try the Sous Vide Egg Bites at Starbucks.  OMG, amazing.  
We have a sous vide and I found the recipe on line.  I ordered my 4 oz jars.  Guess what we are having when I get the jars.  

When I got home, my piece of Brea 40 count linen from Rachel at Needle and Flax was there.  
Beautiful linen and will be amazing with a sampler.  
I can't wait to try it!

I'm back working on Emily Harben 1824 by Whilst Iris Naps.  
I am loving this stitch and further along from when I took this picture yesterday.  

I have this week off.  Tomorrow, we get back in the car and head back to Milwaukee for Bob's second cataract surgery.  The first one went well and am hoping this one will do just as well.  
I think by the end of the week I will have driven a thousand miles.  
I deserve the week off! :)

Hope you have had a great weekend and it wasn't too snowy where you are.  
Have a wonderful week. 
Stay safe, be cautious!
Monica














 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time dress shopping with cross stitch stops thrown in!
    I love Lynn's, especially all of the models.
    It's my closest shop.
    That fabric looks awesome.
    Positive thoughts for your hubby.
    Have a great week off!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet turkey finish you gave to Katy! Happy to hear that dress shopping was a success and that you picked up some stitching things along the way! What kind of 4 oz. jars did you order? Praying for Bob's second surgery; hope it goes as smoothly as the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day shopping for that special dress. I think that is a special thing for a mother and daughter. I still remember doing that with my daughter. What a cute stitched piece and I loved that shop you were able to stop at!! Looks like they had plenty of goodies. I will keep Bob in my prayers for a very successful surgery!!

    ReplyDelete