Sunday, October 10, 2021

Starting the Day Off Right

I had an old box of Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix in the cabinet that had a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on the side of the box.  The mix was still good but, the yeast, in a separate package was old.  I used some fresh yeast and made these for breakfast yesterday.  They turned out terrific.  While we were partaking, Ed called to see if we wanted to see the new James Bond movie yesterday.  We had plans to take the dogs out to camp for a run so we told him we would go on Sunday.  I did tell him, he needed to come over for an emergency.....homemade Cinnamon Rolls.....I did have to do a lot to make them.  
I have to order some more of the roll mix.  I think I got it from Amazon because the local stores don't carry it.  
We loaded up the boys, Henry really didn't want to share the back seat with Buster, but, he did. 
We stopped at Jimmy Johns and picked up subs and chips, brought drinks  and headed out of town.  
Took a few pictures on the journey.
The ridge in the middle of the picture is a beaver dam and a long one.  

We found the puppy bell to put on Buster's collar.  Last time he wore Henry's and it is too big, it drags along the ground and slows a guy up.  
I think he is honestly smiling.  
You can't take pictures easily of Henry out here because he flies by.  

Got his little button nose on the scent of something.  

Henry likes to help navigate on the way.  He knows exactly where he is going.  
Most of the reds are gone and the oranges are fading.  
It still was a pretty drive. 



We walked the trail around the property, checked the bench for rocks by the river, had lunch and came home  
Henry was ready to go as ready as he is to get there. 


I finished my La-D-Da A Murder of Crows.  
I was going to sew this afternoon and make them into pillows but, we went to the James Bond movie in stead.  There were only five other people in the movie theater so social distancing was very do-able. 


I ordered from Threadwork Primitives October Sampler and Tombstone Pinkeep and received a freebie, October Bloom.  I stitched that up quick Friday night/Saturday morning.
I will turn it into a pillow too.  
Super cute little stitch?
Henry was totally wiped out after dinner last night as was Buster.  
I did start October Sampler last night and will show it sometime soon or on my Instagram.  

Hope you are staying safe.  We have had an influx of the Delta Virus here and our little local hospital is full not a good position.  Not everyone has Covid but, there are patients technically Covid recovered but, not place to go and they can't go home.  
People still refuse to get vaccinated or wear a mask.  
I believe that vaccines work but, I understand everyone has a right to refuse but, then do the right thing and wear a mask and socially distance.  Mitigation helps!
Stepping off the soap box.  
Again stay safe, respect others and Keep on Stitching
Monica


 

4 comments:

  1. My local grocery store only carried the hot roll mix during the holiday season. It is SO good. I can remember as a child making cinnamon rolls with my mom. Now I use it to make dinner rolls (the clover kind) for our holiday meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do get the Hot Roll Mix at Walmart here.
    Henry & Buster look so excited.
    Buster's smile is too cute!
    Love the crows.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cinnamon rolls look so good. It looked like you had a wonderful outing to the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the Fall/Halloween stitching!! Plus this post has such cute pictures of your dogs!!Same covid things going around here but masking is mandated for entering any building! Those rolls looked wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete