Monday, October 18, 2021

Getting Ready For Retreat

The Stitching Bee Retreat is coming up this weekend.  
The one requirement is that you are vaccinated.  
I'm just fine with that since I'm fully vaccinated for all kinds of things.  
I did just get the Shingles vaccine on Friday....that was a punch in the arm.  
It slowed me down just a little but, the arm is still tender but, fine.  

One of the things we need to do to prep for the weekend is bring 48 of something....maybe for trick or treat...not exactly sure.  I could have just gotten some candy or extra floss but, I decided to make some floss drops .  I had all the supplies:  card stock scrapbooking paper, punches and Katy ordered me some rings from Amazon since she gets two day delivery.  We are going to retreat together.  
At first I was going to make the fancier topped tag but, it was going to be extra steps.  
The darker one was extra cuts with the paper cutter but, the punch cut and punched the top of the tag.  
I figured 10 floss drops, I needed to make 480, didn't sound like much and I have a week to make them. Then I thought, it might be a busy week, get it done this weekend.  
I got all the strips cut and as of Saturday I had about 300 blanks cut and about 50 punched.  

I got them all done, just need to put them on the rings but, they are all sorted and ready to go on the rings.  I'm using stitch holders for knitting separated by stitch markers. 

My little dog, Buster kept up with me all day, keeping on eye on me, chuffing at me periodically because I didn't sit long enough for him to take a nap.  
When I did finally sit down about 8 pm, he was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch.  
Around 10 pm every night the boys are ready for a treat.  Usually, Buster is the instigator but, Saturday night he slept.  
I went and did it out of habit and Henry was ready.  Once you start dumping food in bowls, they come running, Buster slept through it.  
I had to poke him to make sure he was still alive and left the bowl on the couch for him...spoiled dog.  
In his defense, he is my little grandpa dog.  

I have been working on Threadwork Primitives October Sampler.  
I love this little stitch and it is going pretty quick  
I did finish all the flowers in the border last night.  
 Some Stash
I ordered some more fabric from Nicholas Flammel Designs and indy dyer from Hungary.  
It is 36 count Antique Sampler  collection.  They are darker in person but, love them.  
I can't wait to find the right thing to try them on.  

I tried to post last night but, the pictures I took yesterday just wouldn't load until today.  
Like I said getting ready for retreat and am really excited about going and it will be a lot of fun going with Katy.  
The weather looks like it is finally going to be fall like.  Tomorrow it will still be 70 but then Wednesday the high will only be 55.  
Hope you have had a good week, even better weekend and a really very much better tomorrow.  

Stay safe!
Keep on Stitching
Monica



 

5 comments:

  1. The floss drops look super. How do you get all the punched holes aligned perfectly? Enjoy your retreat and the time with Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of floss drops!
    Love the colors in that October Sampler.
    I need to get some of Nicholas' fabric, it always looks so pretty.
    Hope you retreat is fun!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your retreat. Of course I had to go order some linen. It looks so pretty, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and Katy have a wonderful time at the retreat! Those floss drops were quite and undertaking! So cute about Buster sleeping through everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់​ អនឡាញ_Football Online

    ReplyDelete