Sunday, September 26, 2021

Vacation

I had taken off the last two weeks and we were suppose to see my sister in North Carolina.  
I even planned to go the Sassy Jacks (don't know if she's moved yet) but, plans changed when Bob's eyes started having problems.  
We didn't go so I only took last week off.  
We took a ride to the property we have about 45 minutes from here.  
The trees are starting to change colors so I took a few pictures along the way.  

We stopped at the Cooks Run Cedar Mill to get some cedar boards 2 x 8's to build a new bed in the backyard.  
We have to move our peonies because they are no longer able to get enough sun in the front yard.  
The place smelled amazing of fresh cut milled cedar.  

When we got to the property, the power company was there putting in the electric lines underground.  
We now have power ready for when we build the cabin.  

Some more pretty pictures along the way.  

We stopped a thrift shop in Iron River Michigan.  
I found a bunch of standard size wood frames for a dollar a piece.  
It is getting harder to find inexpensive wood frames.  
This is an old frame that is 11 x 15 and has a gold leaf band around the inside and lacquered.  
I would like to get rid of the shiny finish on it and maybe just use some wax.  
I'll have to do some research to see what to do.  
I think I maybe able to find a sampler that would fit in it.  

I got a lot of stitching time in on Hannah Pepper.   
I got the right side done and the trees on the left side done for Sampler September Soiree.  
I decided to put it down for now because I'm antsy to work on some fall pieces.  
I think I may just pick it back up after the holidays.  
It really is a wonderful piece and I don't want to stop but, fall is calling me way to loudly.  

Close up of the side I've been working on this month.  

I have gotten some stash lately.  
Got my monthly install of Color and Cotton floss, the Primitive Sampler line.   

Thanks to Kristy at Daisy Kay's Primitives I downloaded the PDF of  Harvest I Grow by Homespun Primitives by Lori.    
I kitted it up yesterday and had all the thread after searching for DMC 975. 

While on her website, I also found  Harvest Baskets that is super cute and looks like it will be fast.  
I was also noodling around Etsy and found these from Threadwok Primitives.  
I love the tombstone and kitted this up too.  
I plan on doing it on Confederate Grey with some of the new Color and Cotton thread.  
I think the grey and the green are pretty perfect.  

I found this too and had to have it.  I kitted it up and had all the thread for that.  
I think I'm using Vintage Mocha.
I started working on La-D-Da A Murder of Crows.  
Don't you just love the name.  I know its a Murder, like a herd, gaggle or hutch.  
I just love it .  
I have made some good progress on the first crow.  

I have gotten a few things done around the house.  
I decorated for fall, swapped out my summer sweaters for fall sweaters and nursed my sick Shih Tzu.  
If you follow me on Instagram you know about this but, I'll tell the story here.  
Buster will be 13 in January, so he's getting up there even for Shih Tzu's.  
He started on Tuesday walking around kind of funny, sort of hunched up.  
I thought that maybe he hurt his back jumping up and down off the furniture.  
He was eating and drinking fine but, not acting quite right.  
He wouldn't sit, he would just lay around.  
On Thursday, I let him out before breakfast and he seemed to poop just fine.  
When he turned, there was something all over his back end.  
I carried him in the house and hollered for Bob to come and help. 
We got him in the laundry room to clean him up.  
When I started, there was blood on the wash cloth.  
As soon as the vet opened and I called and they were able see him at 9:15.  
We really thought we weren't going to be bringing him home.  
We thought it was probably a tumor.  
The vet examined him and figured it was an infected anal gland that had ruptured out.  
It was pretty gross.  
He wasn't running a temperature so that was a good thing.  
The vet some ointment in the wound and gave us some antibiotics and anti inflammtory.  
He is doing better every day.  
Just hope it keeps up.  

That about sums it up for the week.  
Back to work tomorrow and not really looking forward to it.  
My dad always said don't go wishing your life away but, I'm sure thinking retirement would be excellent right now.  
Work has just been so busy and I'm sure I have complained multiple times about  how awful the documentation system is.  
There are much better systems out there, I don't know they feel they need to re-invent the wheel.  
It has been a huge waste of time, money and energy to get this hunk of junk to work...I'm done.

Hope you have a good week!
Stay safe!!
Keep on Stitching
Monica  



 

3 comments:

  1. Hannah Pepper is so pretty.
    Greta Fall choices for stitching.
    Prayers for Bob & sweet Buster.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful fall pictures you shared! I hope Bob's eye is doing better and hope Buster is on the mend. What fabulous additions to your stash! I haven't seen the crow one by La D Da, so will check it out along with the site for the Homespun Primitives by Lori. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall colors starting to emerge. Nice stitching progress and some cute new starts. Glad your puppers is doing well. Yes, retirement is wonderful. Retired just under two years ago and haven’t looked back yet.

    ReplyDelete