Sunday, February 7, 2021

SQUIRREL!!

Got distracted by a Squirrel.  I decided I needed a small and well Valentine's day is coming.  I downloaded La D Da's freebie Love Ya.  Working on old Weeks Parchment 36 count with called for threads.  Just started working on this Thursday.  Not sure if I will finish it as a pillow door hanger or frame it.  If it will fit in a conventional frame, I may frame it.  To be determined.  
I have made some significant progress on Martha Dawson.  Like I said last week the wording over one is done and the top section of the border.  It is just so beautiful.  I am loving the silk.  
I'm working on getting the  first four pages done before moving on.  This is a bird start (I think).   
Started another pair of socks for Katy.  Its self stripping Sweet and Spicy Chili.  I am trying a new pattern that has only a ribbed heel, not a turned heel.  Even more mindless.  I usually knit during the news with Lester Holt.  

Like I don't have enough to do, I made Butterhorn Rolls yesterday, getting a late start.  
We've been watching Doc Martin on Hulu since there really isn't much on TV.  They only have the first five seasons on Hulu but, someone told me that the Library had all the seasons.  I haven't been to the Library in quite some time.  I usually buy books because I only read a little while every day.  I'd rather stitch.  You can only enter the library with an appointment and they had two at noon yesterday so, both Bob and I got new library cards.  It was 3 degrees outside.  Since we were out and about, we stopped at the grocery store.  We didn't get home until after one, hence the late start on the rolls but, they were all done by 9 pm, ready to be sampled.  This is my Aunt Helen's recipe and so delicious.  I was going to have her come over do talk me through it on Thursday but, we had a terrible snow storm, then the temperature has dropped.  Decided to go for it.  I need to work on a few technique issues, like getting the size more uniform.  I also figure that I need to stagger rolling them out and getting the second rise ataggered so the oven isn't too crowded.  
Before the second rise

After they were baked.  
We had some this morning for breakfast and I had some melted butter left.  I re-melted it and made some icing.....OMG!!
We did go to the farm this afternoon to see Aunt Helen and brought her some.  Katy had sent me some saffron to bring her for Easter Saffron Buns.  We had a great visit. 

Henry in his bird pose.  Such a tall dog can wrap up into a pretty small ball. 

Can't have a picture of Henry without a picture of Buster, sleeping on my lap.  
Some day, he's going to fall off the chair on his head...LOL 

I have been contemplating The Scarlett House Smith Sampler and finally ordered it.  It came last week.  Saturday, I  decided to order the silks from 123 Stitch.  They didn't have the Gloriana but, they will let me know when they are back in.  



Well that about sums it up.  Dinner is ready to come out of the oven:  Pork roast, roasted redskin potatoes and fresh asparagus.  
Hope the weather hasn't been too bad where you are.  It is going to be bitter cold this week but the sun will be shining.  

Wear your mask, social distance, hand sanitize and Keep on Stitching 
Monica



 

4 comments:

  1. I see a lot of people stitching the La D Da freebie, it's pretty.
    That's going to be a beautiful Sampler.
    Those Butterhorns look delicious!
    Looks like the dogs are trying to stay warm.
    The Smith Sampler is a pretty one.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounded delicious and those rolls look incredible. Well done with your progress on your sampler. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Smith Sampler; almost makes me want to get back into cross stitch. I do not need another stitching piece; I already have too many. I need to finish what I have started. Your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rolls look so yummy. i have also considered the Smith Sampler. I have not ordered it as yet. I'm trying to work a bit from stash!

    ReplyDelete