Sunday, February 21, 2021

Inspiration Strikes


You never know where inspiration is going to strike.  
Yesterday, it was some home grown eggs I got from someone at work.  
The colors were absolutely beautiful.  
We had some for breakfast but, I wouldn't let Bob crack the blue egg.

A photograph really can't show you the real color.  
I got my floss book out to try and match the colors to DMC.
I think it would be incredible.  

It took a while and more attempts but, I think I pretty much nailed it.  
I may take some more pictures later with the floss next to the egg.  
They aren't exact matches but, pretty doggone close.  
Not sure what I'm going to do with them.  
Looked through a lot of things today.  
I do have a floss winding tool coming to cut the right length for floss drops.  
Thought I might do a sampler and found this one in SANQ but, I've been watching Jacob from Modern Folk Embroidery and he had a really brilliant idea.  
I've been looking at Quaker Samplers and may cut the thread into lengths and just pull one and mix it all up. I could do that with the sampler too.  


My mother in law is in the nursing home and will be staying there.  
She fell and broke her pelvis in two places and can't stand for six weeks from the break...about three weeks ago.  If it heals she'll be in the right place for rehab but, who knows what will happen.  She was living in an Assisted Living and my husband and his brother aren't holding it any more.  She just turned 92.  
Bob and I went there yesterday to start packing up  her belongings.  
My mother in law wasn't the easiest.  Is anyone's MIL easy?  
It is very sad to be doing this.  
I brought home a piece I stitched her in 1988 after Bob and I were married for Christmas.  
Used Aida and DMC and it may have been a Leisure Arts design.  
Not sure where I'm going to put it.  
A close up on one side

I remember working on this and it was a lot of fun.  
I wouldn't do it now but, it is beautiful  
My taste has changed.  
Another thing I found was a box of beautiful linen handkerchiefs with crocheted lace.  
When Katy was a little girl she shook down all the grandma's for handkerchiefs.  
She had a passion for them and liked to iron them.  When I saw these, I thought of her.  
Excuse the butter dish...:)
My update on Pet All the Dogs.  I made a lot of progress this week.  
Now I'm putting it away for a few weeks to work on Martha Dawson.  


I think our cold snap is done.  We are back in the 20's but, then what usually happens, is it snows.  
I feel so bad for the people of Texas and hoping all is well.  

I don't know if any of you have been in one of Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe clubs, I was in the linen club.  I know she has had health issues and supply chain issues but, I haven't gotten an order since November and had contacted her about it....I have had to since last summer.  Today, I had to escalate it to PayPal to try and get my money back.  I feel really bad and had hoped to just get the fabric.  I have emailed her about this a few times and gotten no response, just kept getting an invoice.  
I am hoping, I'll be able to get my money back.  I know there are a lot of people out there who are waiting.   I was watching Momma Loves You G and she is giving her a little more time.  Like I said I feel really bad because I really enjoyed her fabric but, need to cut my losses.  

I hope you are having a good weekend, have power, water and heat and you're on the short list for a vaccine. 

Wear your mask, wash your hands and social distance.  
Keep on Stitching 
Monica


 

7 comments:

  1. Love those eggs, especially the blue one.
    Great progress on pet all the Dogs, so pretty.
    Prayers for your MIL.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice you got inspiration from eggs. I used to take the color combinations from dresses.Beautiful piece of cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your floss toss with the eggs! And that Anne Pierce Drown sampler is gorgeous. What Quaker(s) were you looking at? Your progress on Pet all the Dogs is awesome. Praying for your MIL! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your MIL but it sounds like she does need to be in a home now. Love your egg floss - what a cool way to decide on a colourway for a sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is really nice that Ann kept the cross-stitch piece and took it with her to assisted living. It had meaning for her. Having helped you clean out the house, she could have taken any number of things. It's always nice that you gave a gift to give someone pleasure for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you mixed the color of the eggs and the floss. What a terrific idea for stitching. I know just what you mean. My SIL raises chickens partly for the color of the eggs. They really are beautiful! When we cleaned my step Mom's apartment at the assisted living, I did the same thing as you. I took the things I had stitched for her and some little felted things my DD had made for her. It is a hard sad thing to do. Yea! I get my second shot on Thursday! My DH finally got a first shot last Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who ever said getting older isn't for sissy's knew what they were saying. My Mother turned 93 in December. Saw where someone had made strawberries from hankies--just a thought

    ReplyDelete