Sunday, February 14, 2021

Kitting Up Some Projects

The infection rate has gone really down with only a few new infections a day.  
Don't think we have had an up tic in any of the variants just yet.
It was the middle of the week so Bob and I decided to take a little shopping trip to Escanaba, about 50 minutes away to go to Hobby Lobby and Meijers.  We haven't been there since last April, the last time we strayed from home to shop.  The only place to shop here besides grocery stores is Walmart (puke).
While I was in Hobby Lobby, Bob went to Harbor Feight for a few things.  We were home within a few hours but, got a lot done.  
I probably have enough kitted up but, I did get some DMC floss for projects.  
I have talked about Esther Benson from HATS.  I can't believe how beautiful the colors are.  Haven't decided on a fabric.  Whatever I pick, I will probably grunge it up some before stitching.  


I saw someone working on this a while ago.  I have  the SANQ dvd but, did have a subscription for a while.  This is a 2002 Rhode Island Sampler.  There is also a small Adam and Eve in this issue I'm going to need to do.  These colors are gorgeous too.  Haven't decided on fabric for this either.  



Henry Ford has a girlfriend.  My friend Jan has a GWP too and she sent him a valentine bandana.  



Henry asked me to help him send her something.  We printed up his picture with the Sprocket to make a card.  We also made her some lovely hair bows.  
Included a little snap of Buster.  Ignore the glare on the lower picture.  
Making progress on my latest pair of socks, going to Katy.  
This is wonderful self stripping yarn from Opal.  Love the colors. 
Finished  the second tree on Pet All the Dogs.  Working on some of the small motifs.  I really love the colors in this piece.  There are alot of stitches in this piece. 
 


It was -11 this morning with a windchill of -31.  It has been really cold for the last ten days.  It will gradually be warming up a little every day and a high in the 30's by next weekend.  

Dinner is nearly done:  chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans.  That means it is time to go.  

Hope you are warm and safe.  Remember wear your mask (we do), hand sanitize and social distance.  Now is not the time to let your guard down.  We were very cautious and didn't dally.  

Have a wonderful week and Keep on Stitching!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful Samplers.
    Henry & Buster are too cute.
    Love those socks, they look so warm.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounded like it was a good and productive outing. The threads are gorgeous for both of your samplers. The Pets piece is looking good as are the socks. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh. Everything is beautiful.....the patterns, the floss, the socks, and Henry Ford and his card but somehow I am stuck on the -31 windchill! A good idea to stay in and be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both samplers are going to really be pretty! Glad Henry Ford has a girlfriend, very cute stuff!! That is how we shop too , no dilly dallying!I got my first vaccination and Jim gets his on Wed. I just hope there is enough for the second! Supply has been a problem here in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samplers are beautiful. cards are so cute.

    ReplyDelete