Thursday, October 8, 2020

Color Walk with Bob


Got Google Photo working.  The key is letting Google Photos access the photos on your camera.  DUH!

Two weeks ago, Bob and I took a ride to our property where we hope to build a little cabin someday.  Its on a trout stream.  Bob loves to flyfish.  I do not but, stitching would keep me busy.  Years ago, I did a Prairie Schooler for a cabin....can't remember the name but definately cabin art.  Maybe I'll post it.  Haven't framed them.  

The colors were spectacular.  It was too bad the sun wasn't shining but, it was a warm day.  The scent was amazing in the woods.  So, just some scenery.  Click on them to make them bigger.  All taken in Northern Wisconsin.  

Staghorn Sumac is just a scrubby tree but, turns a great red in the fall.  

The Sugar Maples are what turn red.  Some years the red is even more breathtaking.  


A beaver on our property was busy the last few days felling a tree.  I have never seen this before.  So cool!
Brule Creek through the trees.  It is a very bubbly creek.  
The water has been so high.  We've had a lot of rain the last few weeks. 
Bob keeps a path cut and had just cut the grass the day before.  We went to pick up his four wheeler.  There won't be too many days and he has his left rotator cuff repaired.  He'll go out this weekend and winterize his shed and bring home some of his stuff. 
Another path to a wildlife veiwing area.  There were no swans today.  
Fall is my favorite season.  It just never lasts long enough.  


Don't know what theres are but, they were in the path.  They look like miniture pine trees.  
The viewing area.  There is a deck out onto the lake.  It was slippery from rain and moss.  
Just a cool tree stump.  

I finished the first section of over one on Hannah Pepper.  I usually don't use a hoop but, I read it helped open the holes to see.  I think it did help.  
I really hate to put her away after  Sampler September.  I may go back to her and Mary Braizear after the holidays unless something else shiny crosses my path.  
Highly likely.  
Glad I got my pictures working with google photos.  

Hope your fall has been colorful.  
Keep on Stitching
Wear your masks, wash your hands and social distance.
Have a great Friday.
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. The next time I come for a visit, we will need to picnic at the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. Believe it or not we have very poor Fall color here in the pacific NW. Too many evergreens and our native trees just turn yellow. There are several kinds of planted Japanese Maples that are pretty. I really miss the Northeast this time of year.

    ReplyDelete