Sunday, July 12, 2020

Vacation, Just Not the Cruise

I'm so excited, I'm on vacation this week!!  Not going anywhere.  Was suppose to be the first week of my cruise with Jean Farrish.  It was such a long process, starting February 2019 with the initial booking.  Then all the land excursions planned.  We got all but the non refundable deposit.  Today, I would have boarded the plane at O'Hare.  It's a little sad but, okay.  

I finished the 2020 Prairie Schooler Santa this week. Tomorrow, I will fully finish it.  This really is a super cute Santa with the rabbits.  I did enjoy working with the Sulky thread.  I had no problems with it and the coverage was great on the 32 count.  I would use it again.  I think Prairie schooler works well because there isn't the depth of thread colors for extensive shading.  There are some Hands on Designs patterns that call for the Sulky:  Cranberry Christmas for one.  On 123 Stitch the thread pack is $10.  
I needed some thread to finish Sarah Braizear and Scarlet House Bringing Home the Tree that I  wasn't able to get it from the Stitching Bee.  Since I was already paying for shipping, I added a few other threads and some Lugana.  I have a few projects in the queue that call for Lugana.  I'm sure there will be more.  Its a great choice for stitching over one  I really liked the color of the Wheat.

Some of the additional threads I ordered are ones I seem to use a lot

Katy is home for most of the week.  We haven't seen her since the end of January.  Its great to have her home.  

Because of the uptick in Covid 19 in the area, there were a lot more people wearing masks as compared to last weekend.  Maybe because the tourists were there the day before or gone.  I was happy to see that.  I hope it keeps up.  

That about wraps it up.  The weather has been pretty good, temperature is more seasonal.  We've been in the 90's.  I do have to go into work for a mandatory meeting on Thursday.  I'm afraid we are headed for some big changes.  I'll keep you posted.  

Hope you have a good week.  Stay healthy
Keep Stitching 
Monica

6 comments:

  1. It must be great having your daughter at home! You did get lots of goodies both linen and floss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The PS Santa is so pretty & colorful.
    Nice fabrics & flosses.
    I was at The Bee on Thursday, it was nice chatting with Kendra before it got busy.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ogh! Hoping for the best with the meeting!
    Lugana is quickly becoming one of my favorite cross stitch fabrics! Whether over 1 or over two....it's just so easy to stitch on! Awesome thread choices as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your PS Santa looks darling. Glad you liked the Sulky thread! Pretty threads and fabrics you picked up. I like the wheat lugana you added to your pile. I wish it came in 32-count. Sorry about the cruise being canceled, but enjoy your vacation at home and the time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete