Sunday, July 26, 2020

General Stuff

Work has been a roller coaster ride this last week.  Lots of turmoil as to be expected with everyone.  It's going to be bumpy to start with but, if the management of  company is good, ultimately I think it will be fine.  Will just have to wait and see.  Like I said, retirement is on the horizon.  I have mixed emotions about that too.  

I got my second set of 100/3 Ver au Soie.  The colors are so beautiful.  I need to find something I can try it out on.  I do have HATS Sarah Spencer and got these silks for.  Maybe that should be my next project.  Currently, I'm using a photobox to store them in.  I will have to figure out how to ultimately store them.  Next time I'm at Joann Fabrics, I will have to check out storage boxes.  
Some pictures of the latest blooms in the garden.  The first is an closed Balloon Flower (Platycodons).  They look like balloons before they open. 
The flower after it opens.  I had a plant that was a lovely shade of blue, until Henry trampled over it one too many times.  These are a light lavender.  Side note, I love blue flowers!  Delphinums are my favorite and I had beautiful ones.  They died out.  
I have four different types of Coral Bells or Heurechera.  These are flowers from the latest ones I planted.  The leaves are large and a burgundy and green.  I planted them in an area that I've had a hard time growing things.  I think gardening is often a lot of trial and error.  The flowers are small but, fairylike. 
I was watching The Saltbox Stitcher last weekend and she showed a project she may be starting on.  It really spoke to me so I tracked it down on Carriage House Samplings.  That is one stern looking woman!
The verse:  No glory I covet
                  No Riches I want
                  Ambition and
                  Beauty are
                  Nothing to me.
                 The one thing I
                 beg of good
                 heaven to grant
                 Is a mind
                 independent and
                 free

I really like how some of the alphabet goes around the edge of the piece. 
I finished the top edge of the satin stitch border of Sarah Braizear.  I believe I have come to the conclusion, I hate satin stitches.  I thought about not doing them and just filling in with a regular cross stitch but, I will power through. 
Taking a break from it and working on some BBD from the Sewing Club book.  It will be the stitching group's Christmas present this year. 

It has been a very hot and humid this weekend.  The populartion of the county is about 25,000.  We
have been having 2-3 new cases daily.  Fortunately, there is better compliance with masks.  Thank you Governor Whitmer. 

Stay safe and healthy and keep stitching. 
Monica

6 comments:

  1. Gotta love those threads!
    I have a purple Balloon flower, they are so interesting.
    I also saw that design on Saltbox Stitcher.
    Floss tube is great for enabling! :)
    Sarah is looking great almost done?
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous silk threads you purchased! Sarah B. is looking good. I am not a fan of satin stitches either. I do hope that the adjustment period at work settles down for you. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah B. is really beautiful. I had lots of doubts about retirement. I still loved my teaching job. However, I have truly enjoyed retirement. I think it is wise to do it when you are young enough to still travel and do lots of things. We moved across the country when we retired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried to track down the Carriage House sampler pattern. No luck. Went to Carriage House its not listed

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Carriage house sampler design! I've never seen it! I'm from Michigan, as well...and I thank Gov Whitmer everyday for sticking to her guns in trying to keep everyone safe!! I love the silks...I have some NPS but haven't stitched with them yet. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete