Sunday, July 5, 2020

I'm Gonna Rant

I'm gonna rant.  If you don't want to read just look at the pictures.  
The population of the county I live in is around 25,500.  We have had three new Covid 19 cases in the last week.  We are up to 9.  Doesn't seem like much, I agree.  I was having lunch with Arttie on Friday, outside seating.  The traffic through downtown was unbelievable:  campers, campers with another truck following them with pontoon boats, side by sides, motorcycles, kayaks, bicycles.  Cars from all over country:  New York, Arizona, Florida.  People would say its great for the local economy but, at what cost.  The grocery store was insane.  People wandering around with empty carts, people just standing around blocking the aisles and about 10% wearing masks!   Our local hospital has 4 ventilators, limited ICU space and the respiratory unit is 5 beds.  I'm afraid things are going to blow.  

Getting my hair done this week.  Going to a new salon since  my hairdresser for 22 years has not called me to schedule an appointment.  The last time she cancelled, she assured me I was on the list.  Obviously, not on the list.  I'm sure she fired me for posting on FB the importance of masks in helping to curb the virus.  She does not feel the same and has complained about that and not being able to open sooner.  She was still cutting hair many weeks before she could officially open.  Okay now I'm done ranting.  

I was talking to my sister about last weekend and these prayer towers.  She said they look like prison towers.  THEN IT CLICKED!  I bet they were.  I remembered reading that the area had been used to imprison German prisoners of war.  They probably were guard towers.  
 Moving right along and Adam & Eve Revisited by Kathy Barrick  It it a really fun little stitch.  Doing it with the called for DMC on 40 ct Newcastle.  I am taking a little break.  
My friend Micky is having a hysterectomy because of endometrial cancer and I'm going to send her a care package with candy, puzzle books and this.  She has a four year old grand daughter who spends a lot of time with her.  I'm hoping it will brighten her day.  
I am using  Sulky Threads that my brother in law sent me.  He works for Sulky in the US.  It was awesome.  This is what he sent me:   Sulky Thread
This is a mystery 32 count linen and the coverage is fantastic with one thread.  


This how far I have gotten today.  Stitching this morning while watching the talking heads.  Was going to get more done this afternoon but, I fell asleep.  We were up late because of the neighbors setting off fireworks.  
Buster is healing nicely from his dental procedures.  I have gradually reintroduced his hard food and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. I don't think he's ready for Greenies.  The Vet did give  me some Oravet treats that are suppose to help with  the teeth.           
                                   
Henry on Friday night while the neighborhood was shooting off fireworks.  I have given him 150 mg of Trazadone to take the edge off. He still paced around a bit but, much less anxiety than without it.  He has a thundershirt but, it isn't enough. 


Hope you had a good 4th of July.  Ours was fine and I got a lot done.  Some of which I will show at a later post. 

Have a great week.  Stay healthy and wear a mask. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica




9 comments:

  1. I see less & less people wearing masks here, I guess they think it's over.
    My hairdresser retired during the Covid, I need to find a new one closer.
    What a great gift your BIL sent you!
    Buster is too cute, & poor Henry.
    I hope the fireworks are over.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same over here in Sweden. It seems that people think the summer sun has melted away the virus...?! It scares the hell out of me and I try to keep away as best as I can. Love your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PS Santa is off to a good start. What a wonderful gift your BIL sent you! Hope Buster's mouth is healing from his dental work and hope Henry Ford doesn't have to deal with fireworks for a while.

    You can rant away. It is a mixed bag with wearing masks around here. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People had gotten pretty lax here in Northern California but are wearing them everywhere again except for a very few souls. I would love to travel and go over to the ocean but I'm afraid of unknowingly carrying the virus there and/or unknowingly bringing it back. I am so thankful for my love of stitching. I am embracing the hermit in me! I have decided not to cut my hair until there is a vaccine and if my regular lady is still working, I will tip her like crazy with a huge gift card when I return. Stitch and stay sane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - I think I am very close to trying the sulkies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Governor here in Washington state is requiring masks. He has asked that any business refuse any patron that does not have a mask. I sure don't blame you for the rant! I hope your friend Micky does well.

    ReplyDelete


  7. This are new articles style for you. รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 You can find some new idea on this. รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete


  8. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. รีวิวเว็บบอล2020
    This are such great articles. รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    รีวิวเว็บบอล2020 I appreciate for reading my blogs.

    ReplyDelete