Monday, May 11, 2020

Just an Update

Been working on dishcloths while screening at the hospital.  Some days are slow, especially on the weekends.  Like I've mentioned before, we are more of a rural area and have had a lower incidence of the virus. I ordered some more yarn from Joann's and got a denim blue and made up my own basketweave pattern.  Not the greatest picture but, I'm no photographer.  

I saw someone's post on Instagram of the finish of this pattern.  I can't remember who it was but, fell in love with it.  I think I would like it better on a darker fabric.  Its an OOP I found at Down Sunshine Lane. 
I found this one too.  I really like her Jenny Bean  patterns and I thought this one was especially cute.  I've done the Jenny Bean Halloween one and have the Christmas one in my stash.   
My buddy Arttie texted me this morning to see if I was going to be home.  She had something she wanted to drop off.  She found it on a cross stitch facebook page.  Someone makes and sell them and they are so cute.  They all say Cross Stitch Queen.    Its a fob, a needle for frogging and a magnetic needle minder.  It was so sweet of her to do that!  It really made my day.  I could have used the frogger last night as I was frogging on Sarah Braizear.  
Update on Sarah Braizear from HATS.   I have the flower arbor done and have started working on whats under the arbor.  I think the arbor was one of my favorite motifs. 
Closer up.....
Closer yet....
Finally, I finished my Christmas ornament for the Stitching Bee Ornament challenge.  Its a partridge in a pear tree from Prairie Schooler Snowy Nights.  Such a fun stitch and quick.  I have three more in this leaflet. 
That about sums it up.  Life and work is so chaotic.  Always something different.  Glad to be getting hours and working.  Not working as many hours as I was prior to the virus but, getting enough.  Like everyone else, ready for some semblance of order.  There hasn't been enough stitchy time. 

Hope you are doing well, staying safe, maintain your social distance and wear a mask.  Practice good hand hygiene and most importantly.....

Keep Stitching
Monica


3 comments:

  1. Those are great Samplers.
    Sarah is so pretty.
    What a cute stitching set.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah is looking good. What lovely goodies your friend dropped off! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is so pretty. I would also have enjoyed the arbor. That is one thing I like about A Savior's Praise, there are lots of motifs. I am stitching a big whale now for a gift for my sister and BIL. I find that fill stitching bores me after the motifs!

    ReplyDelete