Sunday, March 22, 2020

Are We Freaking Out Yet?

What a difference a week can make, or two weeks.  Just a few weeks ago, I was thinking about getting some new clothes for the Stitcher's Escape British Isle but, that tour got cancelled.  I am sad but relieved at the same time.  I should get most of my money back.  That is a good thing.  I was really looking forward to going.  I could have scheduled for a future trip but, who know what the future will bring at this time.  

Been doing stuff around the house.  Yesterday, I cleaned out and rearranged my pantry.  It was really disorganized.  I found several packages and ounce here and there that are old.  I ate some and didn't get sick so I figure they are usable.  I need to Google how long chocolate is really good for.  Doing a little stitching but, didn't get too much done today.  

I'm a Hand therapist at our local hospital.  The hospital has pretty much suspended non critical procedures at this time.  We have a department meeting tomorrow to figure out what is going to happen.  We see post operative clients that a delay in treatment could adversely impact the process.  Those people may be seen on a limited basis for a short time and then periodically to upgrade home programs.  We also see inpatients and thats who I will see tomorrow.  Just like everyone, everything is up in the air.  We maybe able to work in other areas like, screening people at the entrances to the hospital.  Since my trip was cancelled, I can also use PTO.  

One of the things I did today was make an emergency stitch kit to keep in my work bag.  I got the last issue of Prim Stitching and Punchwork.  I'm not renewing it because I really haven't liked that much but, I did like the Theresa Kogut.  I used Rit Rich Chocolate Dye.  I probably should have used more dye but, I'm good with the color the fabric turned out.  I will probably use the red as the darker color because the terra cotta color may get lost with the fabric color.  
Had to pick up a prescription at Walgreens today.  We loaded the boys up and took them with us for a car ride.  Then we all got home and took a nap. 
Buster is all over the place.  Henry would be too if he could get up front.
Hope everything is going well with you and you aren't too stressed out.  It is stressful time.  What gets me is the unpredictable nature.  Its like waiting for the hurricane on snow storm of the century.  I am thankful that I stitch! 

I got one more good thing.  On our walk this afternoon, Buster and I heard robins!  Hooray!!

Hang in there. 
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Everything changes day by day.
    I've also cleaned out cupboards, straightened closets, stitching & sewing. I can't stand the TV anymore, not even any local news, everything is Virus related.
    The boys look happy to go for a ride.
    I am also disappointed in the Prim magazine.
    It went from Prim to cutsey, & I don't do Punchneedle, in which there is a lot, debating renewing also.
    We have seen some Robins & a lot of beautiful Ducks here also.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry your trip got canceled. Many events are either being postponed or canceled. I think it is the uncertainty that is most stressful as things change daily or even hourly. I am thankful my stitching and the pile of books/magazines to read. We saw a couple Robins the other day. I know spring has arrived -- the dandelions have started to appear. Have a peaceful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Governor finally did a sty in place order today. We were all expecting it sooner. I may me the only person on earth who likes being forced to stay home. I am getting the spring cleaning done. Of course, I am retired so I shouldn't need to be forced to stay home. Bless you going to the hospital to help. I am glad your office visits are not happening. The photos of the boys going for a ride are so cute!

    ReplyDelete