Sunday, July 7, 2019

Fires in Canada

 lWe have had some hot weather the last week. 
Last night the low was 45 and right now its 75 and very pleasant.
The wind is blowing out of the north and we have hazy, grey day but, the sun is shining.
There are fires in Canada started by lightening and we are getting the smoke.  
It is really kind of strange.  
I think the skies would be blue if it wasn't for that.   

The fourth was good here for everyone but, Henry,  
Henry doesn't mind thunder or gun shots...he is a hunting dog.  
He really hates fireworks.  
We live in a very noisy and enthusiastic neighborhood. 
The local fireworks went on until 2 am.  
There was rain around 10 pm so everyone was delayed.  
I had to work the next morning, Bob didn't so he slept in his recliner until everything settled down, including Henry.  
It was really obnoxious!
The last few nights haven't been as bad but, we've been giving Henry Chill Pills from the Vet.  
That did help but, not completely.  
He had his thunder shirt on too,  

I finished BBD She Sights a Bird and finished off as a wooden box.  
I painted the box then finished it with Briwax.  
That stuff is the bomb. 
Its a combination of stain and bees wax.
It gets a very nice finish.  
I use it on all my boxes.  
I also made two scissor fobs from BBD Winter's Past.  
The floss is all the same.  
I'm sending it to Judy the host of the B&B we stayed at.  
I was very thankful she was as social as she was because I could have been kind of bored with all those men trying to outdo the stories.  
The second fob is for her cook who brought in a wall hanging to show me.  
I thought that  was pretty cool.  
A little close up.  
It looks a little crooked but, it isn't.
Me and my phone probably were.  
A close up of the fobs.
These were very quick. 
I think they only took me a few hours.  
I got one of my sewing machines to work long enough to stitch the sides together.  
I don't know if I talked about that.  
Another time.  

So far the diet is going well.  
Bottom line eat more veggies.  
Heavy sigh!

I started working on a section of another BBD and will post that later.  

Just a question for everyone out there. 
I watch Flosstube when I'm on my exercise bike.  
I'm looking for some good channels.  
I watch:  Kitten Stitcher, Saltbox Stitcher, Flannel Jammies (her laugh gets on my nerves.), 
Stitching from the Barn.  
Sometimes Homesteading on the Homefront but, I usually delete,  
Tried Priscilla and Chelsea but, same old stuff .
Nicole's Needlework: really like her, she gets down to business and doesn't ramble. 
Misty Purcell....she's okay but, can ramble.  
Is there anyone you can suggest I might be interested?
You know what I like...just asking.

Hope you all had a Fourth and a weekend.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Your BBd is beautiful. I have never made a fob but those are cute too. Our 4th was bad but not quite as bad as yours. We had noise till about 1. We have tons of reservations around here and they all sell fireworks! UG! I have the same flosstube channels you do. Stitching in the Barn mentioned a few today. I am going to try them and I will let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish, the fobs are nice too.
    I don't watch a lot of Flosstube, you can get carried away!
    I like Nicole, yes, she doesn't ramble on & I love all of her stitching. Watch Saltbox Stitcher also, she's a hoot!
    Some are just too long, I get bored with them.
    Fireworks are pretty, but I feel bad for the animals.
    My Mom's dog would cower & spend the whole next day in her basement, so scared. She wouldn't even come up to eat.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I need to stop in more often. I love this blog and your stitching is always beautiful and your posts always full of news and all. Keep up the great job in so many areas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Stitching by the Lake (Marlene) and Jens Stitching Niche (Jennifer). School House Stitcher is a young girl--she does she nice stitching and finishing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tellin' it like it is! It's funny how we all like different flosstubes and ones that we get irked by. Have you tried Olivia B, Primitive Stitcher, and AZ Needlworker? All 3 stitch on Samplers, especially Olivia and Primitive Stitcher. AZ Needleworker stitches big huge projects and does Chatelaines. Cozy Egg is a blogger who kind of got away from it but she does samplers too but she also rambles on a lot. I like what you stitch so maybe you'll like the 'tubers I mentioned. Your box is gorgeous also. Wonderful gifts for the people at the lodge.

    ReplyDelete