Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Busy with Company

It has been really busy for the last few days. 
My sister and her husband flew in from Florida and rented a cottage on a lake. 
My younger sister and her family stayed with them and my other sister stayed with us.  
Katy also came to town.
Needless to say there has been a lot of action and I'm pooped. 
They are still at the cottage but, everyone else has gone home  
Last weekend the Stitching Bee had their 24th anniversary last week and so I popped.
Everything was 20% off.  
I really didn't need anything...(I don't think I ever do.)
I stocked up on supplies.  
I did see these two little projects.  
I thought I would do "Stay Bumble" for the retreat exchanged.  
Since there were no other patterns I really was looking for, I stocked up on some fabric.  
There were all 35-36 count.  
I took a second picture with the color names:  Ale, Vintage Country Mocha,  Exampler, and Mocha.
They are all fairly good size pieces so should work for a lot things.  
I saw this on Jean Farris' FB and found it online. 
It is very old but really sweet.  
I did a conversion with overdyes.  
I may switch some of the colors once I decide on a fabric.  

I picked up some other greens that were hard to tell what will look better.  
I will use them someday I'm sure.  
There is always a good use and these are prim colors.  
I have the whole week off. 
Tomorrow back to noodling around town, mostly quilt stores.  
I needed some down time to get things done around the house and pay bills.  

Hope you had a great weekend and a good week.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica 




3 comments:

  1. What fabulous additions you added to your stash -- lovely threads, pretty fabrics! It sounds like you had a marvelous time with your family. Enjoy your time off from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time with your family!! I think you did a great job on your shopping. I never seem to have the right color linen and I do love some that you chose. I use lots of vintage country mocha for Fall designs. It is sort of my go to. Plus you got some great greens. That is a color that gives me trouble when choosing the right one for a design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time you had!
    You brought home some great stash.
    Love the Bee, wish I lived closer. :(
    I do order by mail though.
    When we go to our niece/nephew's campsite in Door County, I ALWAYS make my hubby stop! :)
    After all, it's on the way!
    That's a sweet sampler.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete