Sunday, May 5, 2019

Crazy Henry

It is that time of the year when the rabbits make their nests in my garden.  
There is always a nest of bunnies under this Portintella shrub and Henry has been fixated. 
It is usually when it is close for the bunnies to leave the nest that he notices them  
There were three huddle together only covered about half way by bark out of the nest.
The next morning Bob figured they would be dead but, they weren't.  
He put them back in the next with the other seven.....ten total bunnies!!!!
We figured once they started to venture away, Henry would catch them and eat them.  
All our other dogs have done that and its just not a pleasant experience.  
Henry had been keeping on eye on things driving us crazy because he won't come in and is just locked on point for hours.  
Since the nest is empty he has calmed down.  

Not the best picture but, Henry had dug a hole under a spruce tree in the yard about two years ago.  
We can't fill the hole because he digs it up again.  
It was 70 degrees yesterday and he sits in his hole when its warm.  
I couldn't get closer because he comes out to see what I'm doing.  
We would lose Buster in that hole.  

Picture of Buster for equal time.  
I think he maybe getting a little arthritic in the back end.  
Some times his jumper doesn't work so good.  LOL
Update on Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring.
I even ironed it a little before taking the picture.  
I made a mistake on the lowest alphabet line this morning.
I missed the D but didn't realize it until I was at the W.  
I HATE when that happens.
I had to rip it all out but, I'm not past that point.  
Hooray for me!!
Here is the whole piece. 
It is a great stitch and I'm getting close to the motifs.  
I can't wait to do it.  
I was going to work on my Hawk Run at stitching group Wednesday but, may just forge ahead.  
I really want to get another finish for my Stitch 9.
Not sure what the time frame was on that.  
Don't think I could handle the Maynia....way too many starts and I do tend to be primarily a monogamous stitcher.  
I will mix in a small when working on a large piece.  
I do have way too many large pieces in the works.  
I do need to find a reputable framer for these large pieces.   
I don't mind framing small pieces generally smaller than 12x16 but, these pieces are large. 
The framer I had for His Eye is on the Sparrow, did a great job...made me alittle nervous but, ultimately did a great job, is no longer in buiness.  
I will talk to Kendra at the Stitching Bee and see who she recommends.  

That about wraps it.
We did have a gorgeous weekend.  
I got some cleaning and stitching done.  
Have a wonderful week. 
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Cute doggie photos!! Your BBD piece is really looking good. Sorry about the frogging. I am stitching Peace On Earth from their new book. So far, I am really liking it. The border matched!!I plan for it to be up all year . I don't think it is too Christmasy and Peace on Earth should be wished for all the time.Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doggies are always so curious!
    Glad the Bunnies are all ok.
    That's a big hole!!
    Merrily is looking beautiful, nice progress.
    It was a beautiful weekend, we got a lot done outside, but still more to do.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous progress on Merrily Merrily! You could still do Maynia and focus on Merrily Merrily. I have seen a few calling their version of Maynia Monogamaynia. Loved the shots of Henry and Buster!

    ReplyDelete