Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Keeper of the Floss

I was stitching yesterday morning watching The Postman Always Rings Twice with Lana Turner and John Garfield.  What a great moving!
I had my floss on the arm of the couch and Buster rested his chin on it.  
Had to take a picture.  

Had to take a picture of his little paw when he rolled over.  
He has the cutest, softest feet!

Bob wanted to take a little road trip yesterday.  
I really didn't want to go because it was a VERY busy week at work since my co-worker was on vacation.  
Anyway, we went to Iron River and had lunch at George Young's Golf Course.  
Had a really delicious hamburger.  
Then we went to an Antique/junk store.  
It was more junk store than antiques but, didn't see anything I needed. 
We stopped across the street for a coffee at Contrast Coffee.  
They opened one here  just two months ago.  
I have fallen in love with their Magic Mocha.
It was some spices, primarily cayenne pepper .  
It is amazing.  
I got a double chocolate muffin for dessert.  
I brought a little stitching with me because adjacent to it is a fly fishing shop.  
The door to Dark Waters Fishing.  
He got a new fly rod and reel, smaller for his trout stream.  
I started working on Homespun Elegance:  There is a Graden with Victorian  Motto Sampler Shoppe threads.  
It is a super sweet spring design and a lot of fun to stitch.  
The only problem is I forgot to stitch the tail.  
It is suppose to done with french knots.  
I have no idea why I forgot the tail but, honestly he looks pretty cute without it.  
Hi have no intention of adding a tail now.  
Not when the back has been all laced up.  
He is just going to have to go tail=less. 
Started on BBD Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring.  
Not enough done to show you yet.  

Call the Midwife is back on with a new season.  
I love this show, so does Bob.  

Hope your weekend was spectacular.  
We may be getting another snow storm this week.  
Much of the snow is melted....this is the last thing I want!
May your week be uneventful!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Buster is too cute, what a cute, furry paw.
    Sounds like a nice little weekend road trip.
    Cute Spring stitch, I wouldn't take it apart either, he's cute without a tail.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring stitch looks super and I wouldn't worry about the missing tail. Buster is adorable. It sounded like you had a wonderful little road trip. The Magic Mocha sounds yummy. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute photos of Buster!!I love the Midwife series. I was sad when Barbara Died last year!! What a cute Spring stitch. I gave my cute little chicken( Easter Peep by WTN&T) to my DD.

    ReplyDelete