Sunday, April 21, 2019

Now The Stash!

It doesn't look like much but, I felt like I spent money with reckless abandon.  
The interesting thing about the Country Sampler was that many of the patterns were kitted up.  
Genius if  you ask me, turning a $20 pattern into a +$50 kit.  
They also must do a brisk online ordering presence too because there were often 10-15 copies of a pattern.  
The set up of floss was weird.  
I'm use to floss on a turn style or wall. 
They had limited space so the colors were on a small ring and then on a large ring.  
It made for looking for floss a little difficult but, possible.  
I think this will be a super fun stitch when  I get to it.  
There are so many fun little motifs all over.  
It came with 40 count linen.  
Another one from Shakespeare's Peddler:  Elizabeth Milner 1848
I got a Pineberry Lane that was kitted with the overdyes and linen.  
(The picture won't load.)
I had a basket and placed it on one of the display beds.
Another shopper asked where I had found it.  
I helped her find another pattern and they kitted it up for her.   
I found this box and pattern tucked in a corner.  
Their stitcher often finishes the piece by overdyeing it with walnut shells.  
She uses a paint brush and brushes it on.  
That makes it look more antique.  
I'm only concerned with bleeding thread.  
I know you can rinse out thread.   
I've done that in the past and the reds turn to a pink.  
I think I will do a little experimenting with some other options.  

There is also a needle book.  
I just fell in love with this and bought the Lone Elm box and the floss.  
It was done on 36 count.  
I have plenty of that and smaller pieces will work. 
I think I will have to get this going sooner than later.  
Firefly Fiber in Beaver Dam
The Large skeins are a worsted weight from Blue Sky fibers 
The green is a Mad Tosh just because I loved the color and a self striping sock yarn
From The Fiber:  Skeins of Bamboo Blossom for cowls.  
Blackcat hand painted sock yarn.  
A pattern book from Firefly with several great projects.
It will fit into the pocket of the knitting bag.  
Now an update on Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring.
I think the border may not be 100% on the money but, it is pretty doggone close.  
I have to finish the leaves on the bottom and then I can start on the flowers.    

I am enjoying this stitch!
Katy was home this weekend.  
It was wonderful having her home.  
This afternoon we saw La Llorona and if you like scary movies this would fit the bill. 
There was an older couple ad the guy walked out about halfway and waited for his wife in the front lobby.  
It was pretty intense but, highly entertaining.  
Back to work tomorrow....but I could always use another day.  
Hope you had a Happy Easter!
Have a wonderful week. 
Keep on Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. What great additions to your stash! Lovely charts, gorgeous yarns, and I really like that box. Your BBD piece is looking good. It sounded like you have had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great stash and beautiful yarns.
    Merrily is coming along nicely.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stash acquisition! I love the box and of course the BBD is fantastic too.

    I so cannot do horror movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got some great things! I have a question for you. It is about the Shakespears one, a Savior's Praise, is there much over one and would it be really huge on 36 count. I love the chart but my eyes hate over one and won't even consider 40ct.!Your BBD is really looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete