Sunday, January 13, 2019

So Many Patterns, So Little Time

There are so many patterns I want to do and just not enough time.
I’m working on Blackbird Design Merry Christmas. 
I’m loving the stitch!
It took me a while to get the border to meet but, I got it. 
I honestly don’t know what’s the right way to do this...border first or last. 
Probably doesn’t really matter. 
Generally I like to start in the middle and work out from there.

Next in the cue is BBD Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring. 
The border is great on that one!
I saw a Gigi R design that I need to order.  
Then there is all the stuff I have in my stash. 
As I have lamented before, part of it is the acquisition.
Trying a new process this year.
I like to meal plan so I can get what I need when grocery shopping.  
I got a rather large planner from a local realtor and thought I would keep track of what I cook from week to week.  
Nothing like being anal...but, I find we always eat the same thing or the family suggests the same things.
I even noted where the recipe can be located.  
You can probably find an app for this but, I think I like the hard copy.  
Tried two new recipes this weekend:  chicken and dumpling from a Taste of Home Soup cookbook
And Beef and Cheese Manicotti from Everyday Italian by Giada DeLaurentis.
The soup was great and the Manicotti smells pretty amazing!

Just a busy weekend on the whole.  
Winter, winter, winter.  
Hope you had a great weekend!
Heard there is a lot of Flu out there.
Wash your hands....best defense!
Keep on Stitching.
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Nice progress.
    Merrily is another beautiful piece.
    The organization sounds great, & recipes sound delicious.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching..I’m in agreement about the amount of gorgeous designs out in the stitching world along with what I already have & want seems like it has increased...from previous years! Now to figure out how to stitch more efficiently & keep my wants in line...😘 blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super progress on Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean. Too much good stuff to stitch. My big problem is the arthritis in my thumb. A few hours in the evening is all I can do. My thumb does qualify for joint replacement but having my right hand tied up for 3 months is daunting! I do love the border on your new design. I almost always do the borders first.

    ReplyDelete