Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Doggone Polar Vortex

It has been really cold here.
Yesterday morning when I got up it was -24  
The high was 6.  
This morning, Bob got up before me and it was -13.
When I got up about 40 minutes later, it dropped to -18.
The high was 1.
It is suppose to be very cold all week.  
Wednesday the high will be -3.  
It's that doggone Polar Vortex.  
We take the cranks off the casement windows so the shades will shut all the way, helping to keep the cold at bay but, today the mechanism was frosted up.  
If you ask me, that's cold!



I've been working on a scarf from Ravelry called The Hitchhiker.  
It uses a skein of sock yarn.  
The skein used in the pattern was larger than the one I used.  
I added some other very similar sock yarn to it.  
It was a simple knit but, fun.  


Been working diligently on BBD Christmas Bells are Ringing.  
I'm headed into the home stretch.  
After this, I may work on Sarah Brazier for a little while.  
I've been doing the SAL but, won't finish in their time frame.  

Then my favorite subject.  
He's got a little static cling going on.  
Didn't finish this until today, Tuesday. 
My phone doesn't send it to my google photos right away. 
I have a bunch of pics to be deleted but, if I hit that button, pictures disappear from the blog. 
What's up with that?

Everyone stay warm, stay home if you can and craft!
Keep on Stitching. 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Hope this cold weather goes away soon!
    The shawl is pretty.
    Great progress on Bells.
    I'm still waiting for mine, ordered before Christmas.
    I called & they said they are still waiting on fabric.
    OMG! Buster is too cute with his spike going on!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is lovely as is the stitch you are working on! Buster is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture of Buster. I love that BBD piece. It could stay up all year. Keep warm, we have been hearing a lot about your frigid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BBD piece is beautiful! I seem to have gotten sidetracked with some other projects and won’t have Sarah done either oh well that is life....enjoy just looking forward to a warm up here in the north woods of MN!!

    ReplyDelete