Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Stitcher of the Month and BOY! Is There a Story!!

Before you get too excited, I volunteered to be September Stitcher of the Month at the Stitching Bee.
Since September is nearly over, I figured I needed to go see it before it was October. 
And I took them all home.
She has Halloween pieced up too.  
I have posted all these on the blog.   
Threadwork Primitives Autumn Heart (don't know if thats the name)
and Painted Threads
Prairie Schooler Autumn Leaves
La-d-da Alone in the Garden
Stacy Nash Christmas at Winterberry Farm
BBD Tender Hearts 3 and 4.
The amazing thing, is I dyed the fabric myself using brown Rit Dye.  
If you only use a little bit, it comes out pink rather than brown.  
Prairie Schooler Autumn Band Samplers, Hocus Pocus.
Plum Street Samplers Cinnamon Stars (One of my all time favorites)
Lizzy Kate Halloween Mystery Sampler I think, the one with the pumpkin headed cat and a crazy looking jack o'lantern button,  
HERE'S THE STORY
Bob is a bird hunter and Henry Ford is a bird dog.
It's bird season, so yesterday I went to Green Bay and they went hunting.  
They went to an area in Iron County where it is designated hunting in the National Forest.  
The Forestry Department and DNR advertise it that way on a map.  
There is a walking lane, couldn't drive a car down it and its grassy but, mowed.
They were getting close to a marshy area near a little lake when Bob noticed wolves.  
Henry was kind of oblivious but, would have gone up to them if he had seen them first.
He would have been their dinner. 
Bob grabbed him by the collar.
Usually he has a small leash in his vest pocket but, it was missing.  
There were five wolves, a pack and very menacing.  
They were after Henry Ford.  
Bob put his shot gun down and took out his pistol.  
He fired the ground just before them to try and scare them away.  
Three took off but, then backed around, two stood their ground threatening Bob and our dog.  
Bob had Henry by the collar bent over walking a half mile back to his truck.  
The wolves followed him all the way.  
Fortunately, Bob and Henry Ford made it home safe.  
Bob is still a little shook up.  
Not sure when they will go bird hunting today. 
He talked to a DNR officer today who referred to the wolves as the West Iron County pack.
Still just creeps me out!

Hope your weekend was wolf-free
Have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great stitched pieces there!
    Love The Bee, wish it wasn't so far for me though. :(
    OH, what a scare your hubby & Henry had!
    Thankful that they weren't harmed.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on being stitcher of the month! Lovely works! I am glad that your husband and Henry Ford are okay; I think I would pass on the bird hunting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the stitching looks great! It's great that you were willing to share all your lovely pieces. Thank heavens Bob and Henry Ford are safe. Going into the woods can be very dangerous. We had a cougar death in WA this spring and one in Oregon this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the stitching. I am so glad your husband and Henry Ford are ok.

    ReplyDelete