Sunday, June 3, 2018

Some New Stash!

Went to Green Bay shopping yesterday.  
I figured I would have Bob drop me off at the Stitching Bee and sent him to Fleet Farm.
Fleet Farm has just about everything:  clothing, camping, farming, home goods and bull sperm.
Had to throw that in there.  
He wanders and wears me out to follow him around and he walks in circles, double backs etc.
I need some floss for Sarah Braizear and figured I would have my latest Farmhouse Christmas patterns...someday will get those started.  
And I just wanted to hang out and get some stitching done.
While Kendra was cutting fabric for a customer a High School age guy came in holding a piece of paper with DMC 902 written in magic marker.  
He looked kind of scared to be there.  
I found the floss for him since I really know the store and rang up the transaction.  
It was so cute!

My Farmhouse Christmas patterns.   
Picked up WTN&T Berry Days  at Thistle Down Farms and La-D-Da Fetish No. 2 Elizabeth Longley
Started working on my sister's birthday present and been working on  WTN&T  Summer Schoolhouse Samplers part 4.  
Once they are all done, I will finish them off and display them.  
I have a box I picked up from Joann Fabrics that I think I will chalk paint.
It says "Kissing Balls" and I don't want to keep that part.  
I tried sanding it off but, it wouldn't budge.  
Chalk paint and then distressing it will work well.  
I needed some knitting needles so went to Joann's yesterday too and found some really cute Washi Tape that will work well embellishing note cards.  
We probably shopped our last time at Younkers yesterday too.  
All the BonTon stores are closing which means in Wisconsin Boston Store and Younkers.
Where am I going to shop.  
Our local JCP closed a year ago.
There is a Macy's in Appleton and Kohls but, I never find anything at Kohls I like being middle age and over weight and Macy's to me is just Meh.  
Its going to be a dilemma. 
I don't know about you but, I have to try stuff on to see if it will fit.  
You know skinny pants just don't look good on short, chunky people.  
Why do designers and clothing manufacturers think we all want that?
Heavy sigh.

Had a great weekend after a very long three weeks at work.  
Hope your weekend was wonderful. 
Have a great week!
Keep on Stitching 
Monica


10 comments:

  1. I am stitching Sarah Braizear sampler and also have as work in progress Farmhouse Christmas and School house samplers. I had break from these while working on some birthday gifts and project bags but hope to continue again soon. I will enjoy seeing your progress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently in Door County and I was wanting to visit the Stitching Bee in Green Bay. Would you know if it is hard to get there from here? I do have the map deal on my phone, but I wondered if you would know how far into Green Bay I would have to go, I have never been there being from central IL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is too hard. I would consult GPS and not just me. It is on Velp Avenue off of 41. I43 is on the east side of Green Bay and I41 is on the west side. From Door county you would take I43 Appleton/Marinette. I'm not sure that there is an exit to Velp since the interchange is different. I think you have to exit on Atkinson and then take a right on to Velp. It is about two miles. You will go under I41 and past a large Harley Davidson Dealer. It is not too much further past that. Green Bay is about 45 minutes from Sturgeon Bay. The address is 2304 Velp Ave and the phone number is 920-434-6884. It is a sweet little shop. Let me know if you get there.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! Big help. Looking forward to visiting.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to get to go to the Bee!
    I go there whenever we go to my Niece & Nephew's camper in Door Count.
    Could stay all day!
    Great stash.
    I know what you mean about clothes shopping.
    I HATE it!!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outing to the Stitching Bee sounded like fun especially helping the young man. Look forward to seeing your progress on your projects! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun time in Green Bay. I chuckled at your comment about following your DH. When we go to Home Depot, I take a book and sit in the car. What a cute story about the boy and the DMC. Love the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always stop at Cabela's too. I just bring my stitching and sit by the fireplace and stitch in a comfy chair. People must think I'm crazy!

    BTW, Blogger isn't sending the comments to my email....whats up with that?

    ReplyDelete