Sunday, March 25, 2018

Organizer Update

The closet organizer was ready to roll by Saturday morning and I have started working on it.
It was a lot easier to empty it than to organize and put everything back.  
I really love it and I think it is gorgeous!
There is about a 10" opening on the right side that I'm trying to figure out what to do to it.  
I'm thinking of just putting up hooks so I can hang picture frames from it.  
Have done some re-arranging of shelves in the section that is only shelves to store fabric.  

 Early on in the process yesterday morning.  
I have a lot more stuff in it.
I'll be taking more pictures once it is complete.  
I'm not sure whether I will keep everything where it is now.  
Once I start using it, I may decide to change some of the positions.  
Functionality will be the key.  
The photo boxes hold my overdyes by brand and alphabetical in floss away bags.  
Its a system that works well for me.  

I have to get this done by Saturday morning when Katy comes home.  
I'm sure she's going to want to sleep in a bed.  
There is still quite a bit on it yet.  
I have off Thursday and Friday to finish organizing.  
I sure hope I can find a spot for everything.  
I am getting rid of some quilt fabric I have stashed. 
It was fabric I bought to make small projects for my mom to quilt, like table runners and hot pads, 
to try and keep her engaged.  
What my friends don't want to scarf up, I'm going to bring to St. Vinny's.  
Picked up With Thy Needle and Thread Summer Schoolhouse Lesson 1.  
Put away Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow for now.  
I usually finish projects but, large ones I do rotate out.  
There are smaller ones I haven't finished, which I'm kinda surprised about.  
The house was a little slow going, 28 count over one.  
I have made good progress since I finished the house.  
I love the way this is working up and looking.  

I spent more time organizing than stitching this weekend.  
Want to get some stitching in tonight, enough organizing.  
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Keep on Stitching.
Monica

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great system ...hoping to get a handle on my stitching stash this spring good luck with the completion and enjoy 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. The organization system looks great!
    Wish a had a closet that big to do that, lol
    Doesn't it feel good to organize things and have a place for it?
    Summer Schoolhouse is looking great.
    Went to Lynn's in Madison Saturday and picked up mostly fabrics.
    They have a great selection of fabrics.
    Not too much thrilled me from market this year, but I DO have enough stash to keep me busy anyway!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn


    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I know you will probably 'juggle' things around to better suit your needs. I like the idea about installing hooks for frames and whatnot. Summer Schoolhouse looks good. I have heard stitchers say that is a never-ending house to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your closet organization looks fantastic! I always thought I'd love to find a way to hang my. bigger cuts of linen so the creases would not set. That 10" space you have would be perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete