Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Day Late and Ninety Nine Cents Short!

Here is the lucky penny I found at the end of the day yesterday 
Why didn't I find it at the beginning of the day?!

Picture of my car the day I got it.  
I really love this car.  
When the weather was below zero, I could start it remotely with my cell phone.  
It was a good car.  
My car at about 8:45 yesterday morning.  
To the right in the picture is a swamp.
The white blob under the passenger side mirror way back is the dead deer. 
I smacked the bugger going about 57 miles an hour.  
Pretty much hit it head one slightly to the passenger side.  
Couldn't open the passenger door all the way,  
Arttie and I were on our way to Green Bay to shop and have lunch with our daughters.  
Today was Ed and Katy's 25th birthday, so I was meeting her for that.  
We were only about ten minutes from home  
Fortunately, no one was hurt.  
The airbags didn't deploy which is disconcerting but, probably a blessing.  
I think we would have been hurt more.  
I have a bruise where the seat belt was.  
Had to call the insurance company for roadside assistance and got the ball rolling.  
Bob and Ed came to get us.  
There must have been at least five drivers stop to make sure we were okay.  
We got back home about 9:45, got into Arttie's car and went anyway.  
The husbands told us to.  
We met the girls at the Stitching Bee.  
Picked this up but also had a bag waiting for me.  
Got the threat and patterns for the Farmhouse Christmas series from Little House Needleworks. 
I want to do it on 32 count linen, just waiting for that to get in.  
Had Kendra order this for me when it was re-released  
Everyone is doing it on the Prairie Schooler FB page.  
Brenda Gervais pattern Bluebird out My Window.  
It was stitched up on the wall and so cute.  
I think it might just fit in a 5x7 frame.  
Been working on fifth part of Autumn at Hawk Run.  
I will for sure finish that part and may then move on to something else for awhile.  

I'm hoping to find out the fate of the Equinox tomorrow.  
If its repairable or totaled. 
The radiator is pretty far in there now and there maybe frame damage...who knows.  
It could have been a lot worse!
When it was all said and done, if you could ignore the wreck, we had a good day and we weren't hurt.

Hope your weekend was not catastrophic!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

7 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you and your friend were not hurt! That looks like it could have been so much worse. Glad you both got to have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor car, you just never know about deer.
    Glad no one was hurt, but it sure gets the adrenaline going, doesn't it?
    Glad you had somewhat of a nice day though.
    Cute stash!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, glad you are ok..we could have had matching stories..but our airbags deployed driving my favorite car Buick Enclave😢 it was totaled but as they say we were ok just the bruises cars can be replaced....lovely stash will look forward to seeing it stitched..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and your friend are okay aside from the bruises and aches. Nice bit of haul you picked up at the Stitching Bee! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    หนังชีวประวัติ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete