Sunday, March 18, 2018

And So It Begins

Could not get the parts on had picked out with the Home Depot design.  
I went to the local one and the associate in that department couldn't do it either 
She called the online person who couldn't do it either.  
I was able to figure out an instore solution with Closet Maid parts that I will essentially get the same effect.  
The only difference is the closet wall will be the back and it was about $1000 cheaper.  
I got the closet cleaned out and Bob got the doors, track and trim off.  
The closet before anything will happen.  
I forgot to take a pic of all the stuff in the closet.  
I will have to check my other computer and see if I have an old pic.....I did blog about it years ago.
Moved everything into Katy's room
My husband and son can't believe it was all in that little closet.
Some was stacked up in my sewing room.
I have to get it all back in there.  
I am planning on going through stuff and purging as needed.  

Have the update of my Autumn at Hawk Hollo Run
 
    Since I took the pictures, I am nearly done with the bottom owl
I should be done this week.  
Trying to decide if I want to persist or switch to something else.  
I may switch          

We have a house guest for the next few days.  
A little girl dog who is trying to figure out these crazy boys of ours  
She is gradually settling in.  
She likes Bob. 
Buster won't let her get withing a foot of me.  



I did check out some online options at Ikea but, they didn't have what I was looking for and the style was a little too industrial for my taste. 
I also checked Overstock, and Wayfairer but, too hard to find all the parts. 
I think I'm going to be happy with the solution.  
More pictures to follow.

Hope you had a great weekend.  
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Your Autumn piece is looking good, Monica. Glad you were able to figure a solution for the closet innards! I look forward to seeing what you have come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn at Hawk Run is looking beautiful, great progress, as I find that they are a slow going stitch for some reason.
    Your closet sounds great, and I can't wait to see how the vision completes itself. My husband always teases me that my stash closet is like one of those clown cars in the circus...it's tiny but holds more than you could believe! LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get your closet organized the way you want it.
    It's a bummer when you have an idea, but can't find what you need. :(
    Autumn is looking great!
    The little doggie is too cute.
    Buster is protecting you, cute.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete