Sunday, October 29, 2017

Paper Mache Pumpkins


Last week, when I was at the yarn store with Katy, she had on display some fabric covered paper mache pumpkins.  
She had kits for sale, so I bought one. 
They were all the same size.   
The one with the black and tan fabric on it is the one.
I figured I had homespun at home and got some more pumpkins.  
I ordered two on line that were smaller and I found the tall one at Joann's Saturday.  
I got that one too.  
I may do all round ones,  or maybe them all and then decide what I like the best to display.  
Now the trick is....what fabric.
I have letters on each one and sent pictures to Katy to have her help decide.
So far she hasn't been much help other than the gold one with the "D"

I'm thinking I may like this combination.  
There is tan and black in the red plaid. 
Please feel free to chime in with an opinion.
Its getting close to hunting season and Bob and his buddy Gary have been working on fixing up Gary's hunting camp.  
They have put in new cabinets and installed a temporary counter top yesterday.  
I was suppose to do something with Arttie yesterday but, she had to keep an eye on her MIL who just had foot surgery and is not good about following doctor's order

The Stitching Bee was decorating for Christmas and looking for volunteers to help.
I decided, what the heck, I'll go and help and do a little shopping.  
I had taken Tuesday off because we were slow and I don't work on Thursday so for the most part the chores were caught up.  
I hopped in the car and headed south though some dreary weather, including some snow flurries.
Helped put up pictures, saw some of the new Brenda Gervais Christmas patterns so ordered O Tannebaum and Merry Christmas.
It is on her webstore Country Stitches under "New Items" if the link doesn't take you there.  
I really thought I wasn't going to do much Christmas Stitching but, oops....I will.  
Merry Christmas looks alot like a Santa I did of her's last year or the year before.  
Very sweet!
I then went to Joann's and lunch at Panera.  
Both ways I chatted with Katy for a little while so, it was like having company for the trip. 

I am almost done with Thanksgiving
There are leaves at the bottom and then the vine tendrils and I'm done
I think I will be framing next weekend so, stay tuned.  
This afternoon Bob and I went to the movies and saw Geostorm.
I am an absolute sucker for disaster movies involving weather...Twister, The Day After Tomorrow.
I loved it and now it is on my list to purchase when it comes out.  
How can you beat 4 or 5 Tornadoes in Mumbai?!

Hope you had a good weekend.  
I did but, I should have had more chair time.
Busy, busy, busy.  
Two week count town to stitching retreat weekend!

Have a wonderful week
Keep on Stitching 
Monica

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing how you do those pumpkins. I have seen them but never knew what to do with them. I love the idea of homespun but what next? Thanksgiving is looking very pretty!! sounds like your DH will be busy hunting. That means more stitching time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the Pumpkins. :)
    Thanksgiving is so pretty.
    I always watch Twister when it comes on.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thanksgiving piece is looking good. It won't be much more before you are celebrating a finish. I look forward to seeing your finished pumpkins. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete