Sunday, October 22, 2017

A Golden End to the Day

It had been raining all day.  
About 530-545 the sun was starting to peek over the clouds and the house tops.  
I took some pictures or least tried. 
The color was indescribable but, I'll try.
It was a rosy gold.  
It was absolutely gorgeous.  

Our Japanese Maple is really beautiful.  
Its partner dropped all its leaves but, the big one is still a lovely crimson.  
There is a little gold peeking through
The clouds were just as stunning
Just so pretty.
I love fall and all the colors.
I just wished they would stay on the trees longer.  


I left my mums out one night and we had a frost but, they are just fine and so bright
They have really bloomed in the last week with the heat.  
Finally, my third Autumn Band Sampler from Prairie Schooler.  
this one is going very fast. 
there is a fruit/vegetable basket at the top and a leaf garland at the bottom.  
You will just have to wait to see it.  
Katy was home this weekend and we did a little bumming yesterday. 
We had fun at the yarn store, went out to lunch and then stopped to check out what 
Christopher & Banks had on sale.  
My sweaters are looking a little shabby so I found two I liked, that a coupon for $10 off, everything was 40-50% off and I had an old gift card so didn't feel too bad.  

Hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying the fall colors.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful!
    Great start on your Sampler.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is gorgeous. Our trees are changing, but their colors are not very vibrant this year. Your PS Sampler is looking good. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete