Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Next Rainy Saturday.....Or Maybe More Likely the Next Hot Saturday

We live in an area where there isn't much retail especially since JCP closed.
This time of the year, Bob wants to bird hunt with Henry Ford.  
It is a short season and the fishing season wasn't very good because of all the rain, the streams were too high.  
Bob needed a new pair of shoes to wear to work and a little nicer for casual wear.  
He said, "The next rainy Saturday, let's go to Green Bay and shoe shop."  
My response was, "Or the next hot Saturday since you can't hunt the dog when it is too hot."
Yesterday, it was 90 degrees.....today it is only 87.  
We went shopping!  

Katy came too, and we planned a little side trip before the Bee at a Bakery I saw on FB.  
It is called Uncle Mike's Bakery Shoppe and let me tell you it is a wonderland!
We picked up a few cookies...chocolate chip for me because that is my measure of bakery.  
We also got some sugar cookies to bring to a little girl we know who just had surgery to correct tight Achilles tendon's 
Katy picked out six GF cupcakes and muffins and got one free because she was so excited.  
And....a Pecan Sea Salt Caramel Kringle voted the best in the Country.
Let me tell you it IS the best in the Country.  
You can mail order them.  
We got half a kringle and it was the size of a dinner plate.   
Went to Joann's because I needed some Mylar to finish the Acorn House Drum.
Not likely going to happen today but, maybe next weekend.
I wanted to get some floral rings to put around candles for fall (if we ever get it).
Looks nice on my Magnolia candle holder.  
The checker at Joann's was very excited about it.
Finally, I am working on the second Prairie Schooler Autumn Sampler.  
I have had the hardest time keeping the pattern oriented the right way.  
I don't know what is wrong with me but, I did an oak leaf that was suppose to be under the birch leaf where the maple leaf is now.  
A whole days work had to be ripped out.  :(
Think I have it right now.   
Suppose to start cooling off tomorrow, storms and a high of 72.
This heat is just too much.
I would like a few weeks where I didn't have the windows closed because of AC and then go right o having to have the heat on.  

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  
Are there any new TV shows you are waiting for?
I'm ready to Grey's Anatomy and Scandal.  

Keep on Stitching.

Monica

4 comments:

  1. So, did your husband find shoes? The bakery sounds positively delightful. How were the chocolate chip cookies? Did Katy enjoy the GF items? Your fall piece is looking nice; I really like the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun shopping trip, especially the trip to the bakery. I love the colors on your new Fall sampler. We are suppose to get hot again this week. It was the hottest , driest summer since Seattle has kept records. To tell you the truth, I'm quite sick of the heat!! I am so ready for Fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kringle looks delicious!
    Sorry you had to rip out, but it looks pretty.
    It's been sweltering hot here too.
    The weather is just too weird.
    We didn't have temps in the 90's ll Summer, now when it's supposed to be cooler, it's hot!
    I don't like the heat, hope it cools down this week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete