Sunday, February 22, 2015

His Eye on the Sparrow Update

It has been a very busy week with my mom.  
I haven't been working on His Eye on the Sparrow as much as I would like.  
I have only a few more apples left on the Tree of Knowledge.  
I do love this stitch.  
 The top picture looks more true to color.
The picture below was straight down.  
I have also been working on a scarf with a chunky alpaca yarn.  
It is so soft, its unbelievable. 

Been busy with my mom.  We finally got a phone call from the Assisted Living we looked at.  It is the style she wanted, a studio with a walk in shower.  It has a kitchenette, a sitting area and a sleeping area.  It is freshly painted, clean and waxed.  We saw a few furnished ones to get an idea of how much will fit in.  It will be quite homey and cozy.  

She's feeling not so sure about it.  I think it is more the prospect of change.  Ultimately, I told her, I think that once she is settled in, she will feel a weight off.  She is worried about selling her house.  

My son's take on the whole thing is, "Its a lot like living in a college dorm except there is less beer and more drugs."  Gotta love Ed.  

The next few weeks are going to be very busy.  I need to call the nurse tomorrow and set up an interview.  I'm sure they want to make sure she wouldn't be more appropriate for the memory care area.  Her short term memory isn't stellar (sometimes mine isn't either) but, I don't think she has Alzheimers.  Then the ball will really start rolling.  I'll need to get some guys and a truck movers, do some organizing a packing, then get a realtor and maybe talk to an auctioneer to see if it is better to go that route or just an estate sale.  I also have to talk to the financial guys and start moving money around.  I may need a vacation after this.  

It has been really cold and we are all getting winter weary.  I don't think it got above 0 today.  Thursday when I got up it was -24.  That is painful.  
Hope the weather it better where you are but,  I think that may be Alaska.  

Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. I wish you the best with your Mom. We went through a similar thing with my step-mom a few years ago. I'm sure she will feel better when it is all settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome progress on your stitching.... Ed's quote really cracked me up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son's comment made me laugh out loud. Wishing everyone involved good thoughts. Your WIP is looking good!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete