Thursday, December 20, 2012

Snowstorm and the Wind is Kicking Up

We have somewhere around six inches of snow so far...maybe more.  Its getting windy which means the snow will be blowing.  A little south of here, it is probably now considered blizzard conditions.  I'm glad I don't work on Thursdays.  It was a good day to be home watching it snow like crazy.  
 I always use the bushes as a gauge for the amount of snow.  That is a raised bed a good twelve inches or more above the lawn.
 The bottom of the tree is 12-18 inches above the grass.  Hope you are getting an idea of how much snow we've gotten and it hasn't stopped yet.  Granted some of the depth is from drifting.  Guess we will have a white Christmas.  There is several feet of snow at the bottom of the driveway from where the plows have gone through.  Non four-wheeled drive cars are having a hard time getting up the hill.
 Up date on S. Claus by Notforgotten Farms.  His beard is done and I'm working on his torso.  It is looking very cute.
 You can see it a little better close up.
 Better yet on an angle.  Oh!  Pooh!  should have hid the needle on the back side of the work.  Duh!
Finally, one sock down, one to go.  These are a Christmas present for my daughter's boyfriend.  My MIL is worried I won't finish.  I just finished the ribbing last night...started it on Tuesday night.  I think I am making good progress.  I really should have been baking cookies but, not really in the mood to do that.  I will probably get to it this weekend.

Thanks for stopping and leaving all the wonderful comments.  It makes blogging more fun!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful snow pictures! We are getting rain here tonite ~ yuck! Your Santa and socks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snow pictures, we've just had heavy rain for the last couple of days.

    Great progress on Santa & your socks

    ReplyDelete