Monday, December 24, 2012

"It's the Time of Year...."

Early Merry Christmas Every One!

My sister always comes home for Christmas.  She lives in Florida.  But, how one person can totally affect travel is beyond me.  Ha Ha.  I think every year her travel plans go nuts.  This year she didn't want to fly on December 21st, just in case.... It probably was a good thing since the day before, this part of the  Midwest was in a major snowstorm/blizzard.

 Let me describe a few of her trips.  The first year Bob and I were married and still living in Nashville.  We didn't go home that year.  We got a phone call at 11 pm.  She had been going home and got stranded in Nashville.  Her flight was really late getting in and she missed her connection to Florida.  Bob went to the airport to pick her up.  I stayed home to get things ready.  I guess she was pretty pitiful.  Then there was the year, we were living in Cedarburg, when we had an ice storm before we were driving north.  She had flown in the night before.  She nearly had a nervous breakdown over that one.  We have driven through some humdinger snow storms to pick them up at airports.  The last few years they have flown into Milwaukee, rented cars, seen my younger sister and her family and driven in bad weather.  It has nothing to do with the time of year...

I baked some cookies yesterday.  I didn't go too crazy because of all the recent dietary restrictions in my house.  Bob needs to watch his carbs and Katy is Gluten intolerant.  These are the Peanut Butter Blossoms.  I just use the regular cookie recipes, use Gluten free flour and add 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. of Xantum Gum.  They turned out great.  I don't think you can tell.  Just don't taste the uncooked dough.  It really tastes funky until it is baked.  I also made Buck Eye Balls.  No flour in them and Toffee Squares which aren't gluten-free.
 I have been working mostly on the socks to get them finished.  I should be knitting instead of blogging.  I only have about an inch to go before I start on the the toe.  I'm so ready to be done with those socks.  I did do a little on S. Claus.
 Katy thinks he's kind of creepy.  He will get the thumbs up, I'm sure when he's finished.
Hope you all have a joyful Christmas!  Thanks for stopping
Keep on Stitching
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    The santa is very cute!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Santa, he will be very cute. I might have to get that one to stitch too.

    The cookies look yummy!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete