Sunday, January 17, 2021

Weekends Go Too Fast

Weekends go too fast or I just cram too much into them.  
I baked chocolate chip cookies yesterday and video called  with one of my stitchy friends.  
It was great to FaceTime with her!....Better than nothing.  

Had to take this picture of the Boys sleeping on the couch together, closer than ever.  
Been working on Teresa Kogut on Pet All the Dogs.  
This is a fun stitch and I plan on customizing it as I get to the bottom for my dogs. 
More to come.

I got some of the motifs started today.  I have just done the top fo the border and plan to do the sides as I go just to mix things up a bit.  

More revealed.  

I got my BBD Winds of Autumn and  Book of Days 2021 from Needlework Press.  
While waiting for it to get here, I found some nifty washie tape stickers from Amazon.  
These are really beautiful!  It is primarily botanicals, butterflies, and coffee/tea.  Click on the picture to get a close-up 

I recently ordered a few things from Notforgotten Farms.  I have seen  Homeplace for Christmas on people's Instagram and Flosstube and she was having a sale at the time.  


I looked around some more and that is always dangerous.  
I saw this tray made by her husband and I ordered a pattern for it, Rest Thy Scissors.  
Unfortunately, it was not in the box when these came.  
I contacted Lori and she apologized and said it would get out in the mail.  
Mail is still taking a long time.  
Lots of Stash this week.  
Got Christmas Rose and a few skeins of floss for this it that I new I didn't have.  I would have ordered more but, there is a real issue with overydye floss if you didn't know.  


I have so neodynmium magnets, you know, those really strong magnets.  
Since I got the Dreambox, I'm still looking for a few things, including those magnets.  
But, I did fine this little tin box that I got a few years ago as a kit.  Don't ask who or what it is because I don't remember.  It just needed to be put together.  
I took care of that while talking to Katy this afternoon.  
Good to have stash because I had the perfect Pompom from Dames of the Needle.  

The kit came with a wooden needle case with a graphic of the pattern on it and a floss card.  
This was a super fun stitch.  Too bad I have no clue of who its from .  I do know I got it from the Stitching Bee.  
If you haven't seen my Instagram post, I finished Samplers Remembered Red and Green Carnation Sampler  
This was a wonderful Stitch!
I did a little altering on this with the letters and did mine and Bob's initials over one.  
This is truly a stunning piece.  


 Watching Miss Scarlet and the Duke on PBS Masterpiece Mystery.  I have been looking forward to this for some time.  Sunday night is often PBS night here.  All Creatures Great and Small is on after.  That started last week and was excellant.  

Hope you have had time to stitch.  
Stay healthy,  
Wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands and get vaccinated if you can.  
I had my first vaccine a little over a week ago.  I had a little bit of a sore arm.  I was a little concerned because I have bad reactions to Tetanus thus don't get them.  Haven't had a problem with Flu vaccine or the Hep B when I got that so I really did figure it would be fine and it was!  Have the second one scheduled a week from this Friday.  

Praying for a peaceful transfer of power this week.  
Keep on Stitching.
Monica


3 comments:

  1. Your projects look great, especially the Carnation Sampler. Love that piece. Glad you are doing well after your shots. My husband and I have both signed up but have no idea when we will get our appointment. I am watching All Creatures Great and Small and yes, it is excellent. I will have to check out Scarlett and the Duke. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs look so comfy!
    I also ordered Homeplace after seeing it on so many flosstubes. Miht use a darker rust color for the house.
    Cute little box finish.
    I saw your finish Of Red & Green on Instagram, it's beautiful.
    It's on my list for when they release it.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the stitching. That red and green sampler is so pretty and not really that Christmasy. I am about to start Land that I Love by Teresa Kogut. The doggie one is just perfect for a person who has dogs! I wish I had ordered A Homeplace. I did get Parson Brown. It reminded me of Rev. Gordon Squashbottom and I stitched and love that piece.

    ReplyDelete