Sunday, December 6, 2020

Just Could Not Find It



I started working on Samplers Remembered Red and Green Carnation Sampler.  
My border did not line up by one thread.  I looked and looked and couldn't find the error.  
I decided to  "Screw it!"  I will just do a one thread X and not worry about it.  I am not going to frog and do it again.  I have already done it and I just don't care.  No one will know except anyone who reads this blog.  

My progress thus far.  
My refrigerator is my easel and I post a lot of things on it because I don't get too many shaddors.  
You can't see the colors very well.  

                                                                     I went in for a close up.


 
Usually on Saturday morning I make muffins.  
I decided to make a coffee cake.  
I have my Mom's old, I mean really old, Betty Crocker Cook Book.  
My younger sister and I went with my Dad who drove, to the Boston Store in Milwaukee and got it for her for Christmas probably 1964-1965.  
This has been a well loved and well used.  
I could kick myself in the pants....I could have bought another one last night on Ebay for $16.
It is gone and the cheapest is $40.....Katy will just to wait until I'm dead or demented to get it.  
This was such a simple recipe.  Made the Steusel filled recipe and it was perfect!
I am going to try some of the other variations soon and maybe even experiment.  
The page fell out so, on the easel.  
We all thought it was such a joke growing up....The Betty Cooker Crock Book but, these a tried and true recipes.  
If you have one, hang on to it.  
Just checked Amazon and $98!
After we put a dent in it.
Ed came over and we decorated the tree yesterday.  
We always have a great time doing this.  
Dancing to Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas.  
The Boys were pooped trying to keep up.
Buster stood amid the totes looking confused. 
Sharing the couch.  
One more thing.
A little center piece with some smalls.  
Plum Street and Homespun Elegance.  
You can look back to see the pattern names....dinner is almost ready
Maybe a Chessie and Me and WTN&T
Hope you are healthy.  
Stay safe, social distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands.  
Dinner is ready.....gotta go!
Until next time....Keep on Stitching
Monica

Oh BTW, my mom made the table runner years ago...such a treasure.

5 comments:

  1. That is such a special cookbook - you hang onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old hard cover BC cookbook, I use it a lot.
    I bought it when I move away from home.
    Cute little stitches.
    Buster & Henry are too cute.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a good start on your sampler. Well done on getting your tree decorated! The coffee cake looks delicious. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a BC cookbook as a wedding gift, 30+ years ago. Used it so much it fell apart. I was able to find 2 more and I also bought a new version published in the late 90's, I believe. No, I don't want to part with any of them. SOme of my best recipes came from there!

    Love the dogs! Your Christmas decorations look wonderful! I had to do something similar on a piece I just finished a bit ago.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your comment about the border. Does anyone look close enough to see our mistakes! My Coming to America is full of little errors that I can't even find now. I don't think so. The tree is lovely and the dogs are cute as usual. We just got the tree up yesterday. I have that same cook book. We use it for a chicken recipe and pancakes! It is falling apart but I still love it!

    ReplyDelete