Sunday, December 13, 2020

It Came My Create Room Box, Came!

I was suppose to go on a stitching cruise this past summer with Jean Farish and a group of stitchers.  
Needless to say it was cancelled.  I got all but the deposit back.  I am not so sure I want to go through all the planning and anxiety.  Instead, I decided to use some of the money to get a Dreambox.  

I have a really hard time trying to keep the sewing room tidy.  This is a bit of an exageration, I was in the midst of wrapping Christmas presents however, it often looks close to this.  


I got the noticed last week that the box had shipped.  
It is a really big box and weighs 700 pounds.  
I wanted to get everything I could out of the sewing room.  
The sleeper sofa and an armchair is in there.  The chair moved in the sewing room when the recliner came up from the rec room when Bob had his rotator cuff tear.  I may keep it in there and get a slip cover.  
I moved most of the stuff my self and then Ed came over and helped me get the sliders under the sofa and a cabinet.  

The box came Friday afternoon.  Bob, Ed and the driver got it in the garage.  The heaviest single piece weighed 163#.  I paid extra to have the unit partially assembled.  The three large sections were assembled.  I would just need to connect them and place the innerds in it.  
Did I say it was a really BIG box.  
I'm short 5'3" and chunky.  The box makes me look good. 
Ed and my friend Arttie's husband came to get the parts in the house.  
Everything is on wheels.  Once in the house, we could roll it to the sewing rooms.  
Bob was able to get the parts put together.  

Forty bins came as standard but, I didn't think that was going to be enough.  
You know that as a stitcher, there are a lot of small parts.  
Stacks of bins in the kitchen.  

I have been diligently working on getting the parts inserted and arrange my stash.  
I plan on having more than stitchy stuff in the cabinet.
I have fabric for finishing but, it will be easier to find than on the shelf in the closet  
I plan on getting my scrapbooking paper and other paper projects in there too.  Stuff is all over the house right now and I have to look for it too much.  

Got a way to go but, made a lot of progress.  
I wont' have much time this week since it is going to be a busy, rough week at work. 
We are finally transitioning to the new EMR.  UGH!! 

There is a narrow strip for narrow bins that will be perfect for the Au Ver a Soie 100/3
Each bin should hold 32 spools.  
I also have to get my sewing thread arranged, the two lower 12x12 bins below the fabric.

Buster had to keep an eye on me all afternoon.  
By last night, we were both pooped.  

 My Red and Green Carnation Sampler  
I have made some more progress since this picture was taken just didn't have time to take more pictures.  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend  
Got to go finish dinner.  
Keep stitching!
Monica



 

9 comments:

  1. That is one very amazing system. I would say that is money well spent!!I hope your week goes well what with being so busy. We had an interesting thing happen here yesterday. They moved an entire hospital. Every patient was moved to the new facility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, it's awesome!
    Buster looks like a good supervisor.
    Pretty Sampler.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is looking good. What a fabulous organizational system you purchased. It is going to be incredible once you get it all set up the way you want it. Best wishes to you transition to your new work place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy for you monica, enjoy your create room! happy holidays to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your DreamBox looks fantastic! Lots of work to get organized but it is certainly worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what organizational fun! I have a friend that got one for stamping and scrapbooking and loves it. I bet you are finding things you didn't know you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is one serious create center!!! Great use of that stash (travel) cash....looks like it will get plenty of good use! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the box looks awesome. I hope it works as well as it looks! And Buster looks all worn out from all that supervising.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to ask - since this is on carpet(?) will you be leaving it open all the time? I'm wondering how easy it is to open and close on carpet even with wheels...

    ReplyDelete