Monday, June 1, 2020

First, Some Flowers 🌺

I did some gardening this weekend.  I planted some of my pots.  I got a hanging basket last weekend and I love these.  They are Calibrachoa and look like a mini petunia.  The Hummingbirds love them too.  
Blossoms on the apple tree.  These trees really only produce every other year.  They aren't very good apples for anything:  eating, baking etc.  I haven't tried apple sauce.  I may have to this year. 
Some little Marigolds that I will plant sometime this week.  I plant annuals in pots.  My beds have perennials, so other than weed and feed them, I don't do much. 
I have started the satin stitching on Sarah Braizear.  Did a little.  It isn't very exciting.  There was some satin stitching that needed to be done on some of the flowers in the border.  I decided to do a regular cross stitch because it was going to be too long of a satin stitch and had potential to either be too loose or too tight.  No one will very know the difference. 
I got the satin stitching done the bower over the crazy eyed stag.  I will eventually get it done.  Like I said, it just isn't that much fun or exciting.  I would probably opt out of satin stitching in the future. 
Started Hollyhocks Were Always There by Blackbird Design in the Sewing Club Book.  Sorry for the wrinkles.  Winkles, I think are my photographic hallmarks....lol. I do love this one.  It is going to turn out really pretty.  Doing it with the called for threads on Legacy but 40 count rather than 32 count. 

The weather has been crazy, as usual.  It was pretty nice this weekend, little cool but, mid 60's and got to about 70 yesterday.  Today, it was only a high of 64 and rainy.  Tomorrow the high is going to be 91, nearly a 30 degree difference!  That's insane!!

Just trying to keep things normal in a spiraling out of control world.  The riots are unbelievable.  Haven't seen anything like it since the race riots of '68.  I was a little kid but, it left such an impression on me.  That was a crazy summer too.  I don't think all the Covid stuff has helped in this situation. 

Hope you are working on something fun and love.  Its amazing how grounding stitching can be.  Thanks for stopping.

Keep on Stitching. 
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Sarah is looking good. I would do the same, my satins never look good.
    I also remember those riots in the 60's.
    Mom was a nurse & had to go through a police line every morning on her way to work & show them her drivers & nurses license.
    It's not about police brutality anymore, it's about let's see what we can damage & get free from it.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, Monica! Lovely apple blossoms! My satin stitches never look good or full, so I either eliminate them or change them to regular stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree....stitching is very grounding! After a few errands this morning, I'll be starting on a sampler.
    Beautiful flowers! I love this time of year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and stitching. Thank goodness we have things to keep us sane when the world goes crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are very pretty, I am thinking of getting a basket of,as I call them, little petunias that you don't have to deadhead, I'm not big on the satin stitch either!! I have trouble getting it to look good!

    ReplyDelete