Monday, October 21, 2019

Short Post

Just a short post before retreat.  
I didn't work on Hannah Pepper this weekend.  
I spent much of Saturday doing yard work, getting ready for winter. 
Sunday was church, visit MIL, laundry and working on my exchange project.  
I really wanted to get through the Saltboxes.  
First, a Buster pic because he was so totally adorable!
His favorite spot is on the back of the courch.
iI had to put the other back cushion in the front closet.  
If I leave it on the couch, Henry sits on it, emmulating Buster.  
I'm doing these on 28 count Laguna over one.  
I'm also playing around with the colors as I feel like it.  
I've been working on my exchange stitch project for retreat.
I will post it before too long but, I want to do it after its completely done.  
It looks great!
I needed some craft paint and didn't want to go to Walmart.  
I went to the Ace Hardware to get paint, sandpaper, a plug for the laundry room tub and batteries.
I found these trays at the hardware store .
They will be great for finishing.  
I am getting so excited for retreat.  
Just Arttie and I are going this year. 
Patty decided not to go this year and instead visiting her son and family in Tennessee.  
It's just great to be able to get away for the weekend and not to have make decisions....like dinner.  
Tomorrow night, while the guys are watching the Mayans, I'm going to finish getting my projects kitted up.  
I like to bring projects I got from The Bee.  
I usually bring enough to last a year of retreats!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Have a fabulous week!
Keep on Stitching
Monica

4 comments:

  1. Buster is so cute! Have a fun time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster is a cutie! Lovely trays you picked up from Ace Hardware! I always take more than I will ever work on to retreats. First, I like choice and second, if I didn't, I know I wouldn't want to work on what I took along! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buster looks so cute all snuggled up.
    The Saltboxes are looking great.
    Those are nice trays from Ace!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trays were a great find! Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete