Monday, October 14, 2019

I'm A Cool Kid

Last weekend, Bob asked me about going to Green Bay this past weekend.  
The weather was suppose to be bad.
I think he felt guilty because he's been bird hunting, spending time at his camp and starting to plan deer season.  
I told him, I'm always up for a shopping trip.
On Monday, he looked at the forecast again and said maybe he would go bird hunting on Saturday.
Then Tuesday, he was back talking about Green Bay  
Ed was over for dinner.  I invited him to tell his father stop toying with my emotions.  
We went.
One of the places I wanted to go was Best Buy.
My Iphone 6 is five years old and I only paid $100,  
With the last IOS update, my battery was being abused and needed to be charged every 20-24 hours. 
My battery life hadn't changed, still operating at 87%.
I didn't want to get a phone from Verizon.  
Our Verizon store is horrible!
They work on commission so, they lie, cheat and steal .
When I asked them about the cost of a 6 was $200 and I told them I could order one from Best Buy, he proceeded to tell me, "Best Buy gets an inferior phone."
I told him I would take a chance on a $100 phone.  
Since I got such an inexpensive phone the last time, I would get the brand new, shiny Iphone 11....not the 11 Pro, figuring it would last me until I have to a Cricket.  
Best Buy got me all tricked out.  
I spent Saturday night updating everything and finding password or changing them.  
I like Iphones because there really isn't much of a learning curve.  

No trip to Green Bay goes without a stop at the Stitching Bee.
I have two pieces I brought for framing:  BBD The Bells on  Christmas Day and 
 Merrily, Merrily We Welcome Spring. 
Katy has already asked me if she could have  Merrily.  
I told her once she has a place for it, its hers.  
I needed some floss to work on the BBD Pumpkin Farm.  
Bob left me to my own devices while he went to Fleet Farm, always dangerous.  
I picked up Scarlet House Pumpkin and Bittersweet and the floss.  
I found this.  
I thought it might be fun to bring to retreat and I may use the same floss in Pumpkin and Bittersweet.  
The pattern calls for DMC but, the colors would be beautiful in the overdyes.  
I have started watching Brenda and the Serial Starter.  
They have rules such as always have a red sampler going or always buy a BBD when you see it.  
So, I did.  
This is a very cool pattern book, several projects.   
Because, I spent time working on my phone, I didn't get too much progress done on Hannah.  
After I took the picture I finished another bird on a branch to the right of the large flower completed.  
I have been working the Saltboxes by Plum Street Samplers.  
I am doing them on laguna over one. 
I can't tell you what I'm going to do with them but, it will be fabulous!

That about sums it up and now Buster is barking at me for something so gotta go!
Have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching!!
Monica

3 comments:

  1. You have a lot of nice stitching projects in progress...but the Pumpkins & Bittersweet is my fave! I'm glad that you finally got your shopping trip granted! :-)
    The Verizon stores here in the states are not any better...in fact, hubby & I avoid Verizon like the plague! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are like that, they tease you, then change their mind!
    Great stash, and that BB book looks like a nice book.
    Love the PSS Saltboxes.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husbands can be tricky! I was once in Portland at Acorns and Threads, my nearest LNS, and there were my DH and BIL staring in the window like two robbers. I think the ladies were glad when I left. When alone, my DH is very patient. Love the new purchases and floss colors. I have recently become quite a fan of Scarlett House.

    ReplyDelete