Sunday, June 9, 2019

A Girl Can Change Her Mind...A lot!

I think I have been talking about the stitch 9 challenge and moving on to other projects. 
Well....I keep changing my mind or other things pop into my head.
Last week, I took my 90 year old to Joann Fabric to get some fabric for quilts.  
She is astounding!
She quilts, bakes bread every week and in the fall, bakes as many apple pies as she has apples for.
Last year was a record, 89 apple pies.
She has never been good at figuring out how much fabric she needs.  
I downloaded an app and have to try it against a magazine pattern to make sure I understand how to use it before we go again.  
While we were out to lunch, we were talking about needlework.
When she hand quilts, she gets 10 needles threaded and sticks them in the arm of the chair.  
So then I thought, I have just the thing to make her.
I was a member of the Prim Stitching Group through Dyeing to Stitch.  
One of the projects we got would be perfect for her.  
I got it started that night.  
It jumped to the top of the stitching queue.  
The picture of the piece. 
A Thankful Life Armchair Pinkeep.  

And my progress in the last few days.  
Thought I would show the piece I stopped working on to work on the armchair pinkeep.  
The cats and the strawberry plant are over one.  
The hard part isn't seeing it to put the stitches but, taking stitches out if its wrong.  
Bob had to help yesterday at the Conservation District booth at the Farmer's Market.  
I went and brought him some water while I was running errands  
We then took a stroll. 
I know a women who breeds exotic chickens and she makes bags.  
I had to get one for her since I'm a sucker for bags.  
Not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet.
It is a large bag and I think the chickens are great.  
There are smaller pockets on the inside and a pocket on each side of the outside of the bag.
Really a cute bag!

It has been a busy weekend.  
Ed is moving into his first apartment.  
We went yesterday to look at it and then go shopping for some furniture.  
I promised each kid a new bed when they moved out since I sold their childhood beds when they weren't coming home.  
We moved a full size bed into Katy's room and turned it into a guest room.  
We went shopping for a bed and I convinced him to get a couch  
We found an inexpensive one.  
He has all the household things when he lived in an apartment in college.
He has been saving money living here so he could afford a couch.  
Then today, Bob and I went to Home Depot for mulch.  
We could only bring 20 bags in the back of his truck.  
Ed helped my with the lifting and I spread it out.  
I still need 20-25 more bags in my beds.  
I'm pooped tonight!

That about sums it up.  
I want to get some stitching in before I fall asleep.  
Hope you had a great weekend and have a wonderful week!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica 

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a perfect gift for your Mom, and a cute design.
    That's why I don't join Maynia or SAL's, unless it's with a friend, I change my mind too much!
    Cute Chicken bag!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chicken bag! I really like the size of it. That design by Beth is a perfect stitch for all those needle stuck in the arm of the chair/couch. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been off visiting grand children. I just saw your finished BBD. It is beautiful!! Love the bed idea, We bought one for our DD last Fall when she moved into her first house!

    ReplyDelete