Sunday, March 17, 2019

And--POOF-- He Was Gone!

Don't let this innocent face fool you.  
This guy is a criminal.  
I let the dogs out in the back yard...fenced in back yard.  
Henry came back in and Buster did not.

With the snow banks as high as they have been, we often don't see him in the paths.  
I waited a couple of minutes and called him again....no Buster.  
Then I looked up and saw him across the alley at the neighbor's garbage can.  
It's icy from melting snow.  
I got in the car and drove to the alley, got out and called him.  
Of course, he would not come.  
I drove to the neighbors and rang the door bell and asked if I could go through the house to her patio.
I told her he got loose but, now he was back on the other side of the alley.  
When called he did climb up on the snow and walked across the top to use.    
How did he get loose?
I believe this is his egress. 
Because of the thawing and re-freezing, the snow gets crusty and he can walk on top of the snow.  
He walks up the snow bank, hops over the top of the fence and walks down the bank on the other side.  
Bob knocked down the bank today.
He was at a fishing banquet last night.  
I had him on a leash all night whenever I let him out.   

The Stitching Bee had their Market Day yesterday.  
Arttie and I went.
She had some of the patterns I ordered: 
Needlework Press:  Maria Davis 1823.  
This one I may do in silk since it is one color.  
She hasn't gotten everything I wanted yet.  
 I was glad to see she had a copy of Blackbird Design.  
I didn't pre-order this but, I was very happy to get it.  
 I don't know if this was new at Market but, I have seen this and really liked it.  
It will be a very fun small!
 Shakespeare's Peddler:  Jenny Beane For the Parlor.
I got the first part at the Stitch Niche in Fort Worth and had Kendra get the parts available.  
I picked up much of the floss, she didn't have a few of the colors.  
I don't need it right now but, figured I would get what I could.  
It calls for R&R Wren:  a skinny quarter of 32, 36 or 40.  
I will probably do it on 36 or 40 count.  
It turns out to be the same size as And They Sinned.  
 I think there are going to be eight parts.  
 We stopped at Joann Fabrics and I was looking for circle templates for making needle drums rather than spit balling it.  
It is for cutting circles with scrap booking paper but I figured I could scribe if nothing else and then cut it with a scissors or knife.  
Just didn't get around to taking a picture of Sarah Braizer.  
Had a busy day and had company for dinner.  
Made corned beef, cabbage, red skin potatoes and carrots for St. Patrick's day.  
I have never cooked a corned beef, talk about easy peasy and delish!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  
The weather was great and snow is melting!
Have an amazing week!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Glad you found Buster, he is smart!
    Great stash, and good idea with the circle templates.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Buster, what a mischief maker you are by escaping and then not returning when called! I am glad you were able to get him back safe and sound. You picked up some great looking stash. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a naughty little dog! So happy he did get home safely. Great stash. Will you do that Jenny Bean on one big piece?I love it but wonder where to put such a large piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great market finds--you can order Jenny Bean for the Parlor directly from Shakespeares Peddler Theresa has an on line store called Kitten Stitcher. Your dog is a rascal and smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your patterns. They are going to be so much fun to stitch.

    ReplyDelete