Monday, November 19, 2018

Hunting

It's been a week.
Deer season in Michigan, started on November 15th.  
The weekend before, Bob's brother came for a visit, to see their mom in assisted living.  
He left Tuesday morning and then Bob's friend got here that afternoon. 
Tom came to go to deer camp with him.  
The bed barely got cold.  
Let me tell you, hunting season really is pretty obnoxious.  
Men really start getting round up starting in September when bow season starts.  
My husband is no exception, buck fever has been running rampant.
I'm glad the ends is in sight.

Now we are hunting something new:  A MOUSE!
While the guys were gone, I started hearing  strange noises on Friday.  
I give the dogs a little snack around 10:30 and measure out Buster's food for following day.
I place the cup on the window sill in the laundry room.  
The next morning when I was feeding the dogs, half of the food was gone. 
I wondered if I was losing my mind.  
Then I noticed the little poops on the towel on the washer.  
Amazing the cup wasn't knocked over.  
I noticed a few days or a week earlier Buster's dental treats were going fast.  
I left one of the dental treats on the washer. 
When I got home from errands, it was still on the washer.  
Before I went to bed that night, I left a few more pieces of dog food out on the washer and the window sill.  
Sunday morning, all the food was gone.  
We put out the mouse traps last night but, haven't caught it yet.  
We have found evidence in the basement:  the bathroom vanity and the desk in Bob's office.
There wasn't anything on the desk a week ago.  
On the hunt again tonight.  
Hope we are successful!
Really couldn't happen at a worse time....just before Thanksgiving.  
I'm just going to wash stuff before I use it. 

I did finish the second piece of Farmhouse Christmas from Little House Needleworks 
Keep your fingers crossed we get that doggone mouse.  
He is driving poor Henry crazy.  
Buster is not so affected, he's lived through the first two mice.  
Hope you had a good weekend.  
Happy Thanksgiving.  
Keep on Stitching
Monica

3 comments:

  1. Cute stitching.
    You will get that Mouse eventually.
    They like to sneak in when it's cold.
    Have a great week & Thanksgiving!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting the LHN piece finished! I hope the traps get the mouse soon. Deer season goes through the end of December here. Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Henry. Mice just drive me crazy. Our first winter in our house we found 15 mice at various times. My DH went around and put steel wool in the outlets and we have had no more. Maybe the builder was after me for being so fussy!

    ReplyDelete