Friday, December 23, 2011

My house is a Christmas Disaster

We have had a late start with Christmas.  The tree is up, the packages are wrapped. There are decorations boxes all over the place.  There is wrapping paper everywhere.  The house seems the smallest this time of the year.   I have my sister's present completed now I just have to frame it.  I have one stitching group present to finish and then I can sew them all up.  That needs to be done by Wednesday the 28th.  No sweat......
Just got done baking some Christmas cookies....Spritz
 Toffee Squares....my personal favorite
Recipe for the Toffee Squares
1 c. room temperature butter
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
2 c. flour
1 12 oz package of milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)
Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the vanilla, salt, and egg yolk.  Mix well.  Gradually add the flour. 
Spread into a greased 11 x 15 pan and press down.  Bake 15-20 minutes at 350.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot crust and wait one minute and then spread evenly over the top.  Sprinkle the nuts.  I don't know what works best to cut when still warm or after it is cooled.  There are advantages to both.  Either way it is a pain but, worth it. 

And finally the Christmas Tree

We will be short one this year. God Bless you Big Bob, may you rest with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment