Sunday, January 9, 2022

Moving Right Along

Been a busy weekend.  We are starting our bathroom remodel on January 17th.  I cleaned out the linen cabinet, the nonessential things.  Next weekend will be the stuff we use every day and will move into the other bathroom.  It is suppose to only take a week.  We have the new cabinets ordered, the vanity top and the tile.  It is all in.  The toilet won't take long.  Bob went to Home Depot yesterday and bought the faucet, shower hardware, towel bars and toilet paper holder.  I think he is going to Menards for light fixture and fan/light combo.  I trust his taste.  He has great taste, he married me!
Been moving all the extra stuff into the sewing room.  

I have made good progress on BBD Christmas Garden.  It is a very enjoyable stitch and love the colors.  I did sub the green and red:  Weeks Tarragon and CC Cherry Cobbler.  I will be rotating back eventually.  
I rotated to Stacy Nash First Snow Pinkeep, which was my New Year start.  I'll work on this for another day or so.  I do have to figure out an exact rotation.  I swapped out some colors because I didn't have the called for but, am happy with the switches.  They weren't that different from the called for, I think.  

In my sewing room I had a bulletin board and a chalk board hanging.  I really wasn't using the chalk board and Bob had a cup rack my dad made many years ago for his collection of coffee mugs from the Wisconsin Survey convention.  I thought I could put some of the needle drums and the what have you's on it .  Let me tell you, I am really pleased.  I moved the bulletin board behind the door, where the chalk board was and it works great!



That about sums it up.  Dinner is nearly ready.  

Have a wonderful week.  If you haven't gotten it yet, get vaccinated....it reduces the severity and wear the best mask you can get when you're out and about.
Stay safe
Keep stitching
Monica

 

6 comments:

  1. Christmas Garden is looking so pretty.
    The shelf is nice for smalls.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shelf is gorgeous. What a beautiful place to display your pieces! You have made good progress on your pieces, Monica. I hope the bathroom redo goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shelf looks wonderful! That is such a great way to display your stitching! Good luck with the bathroom. Those tings are always disruptive but so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on some great patterns. So fun to rearrange things and make everything look new. The little shelf is perfect to show off some smalls. Good luck with the bathroom reno.

    ReplyDelete