Sunday, August 1, 2021

One Year Closer to Retirement

 I am officially one year closer to retirement as it is my birthday and I am 62. I can hardly believe it.  It has been a busy day.  On the phone with family, and my son came over so I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked too such  as fertilizing my flowers.  It was a very nice day.  

I finished Littlehouse Needleworks Farm House Christmas.  Other than the border kind of was annoying, just hard to see while stitching, this was a very fun stitch!  I am extremely happy with how it turned out.  


Nine parts, broken into parts of three.  
I even ironed it before I snapped the pics.  

I dyed the fabric myself. 
Don't remember the recipe but, I call it Portobello
It was my college girls weekend.
Jan brought a really great project for us to each work on
It is a 2'x2' wood board she primed and measured the squares.
A lot of work on her part.    
We had to  painted it.  
It turned out great!
I want to get a can of spray protectorant before hanging on the back yard shed.

While doing a little shopping, there aren't the shops in the small area that there use to be.  
The coffee shop/gift shop is still open and found an excellent replacement for my poor broken mug.
Coffee tastes pretty good in it.  

Mary Beth brought a cherry crumble.  
I had a jar of Trader Joe's Morello cherries,  
Got the recipe and made one when I got home....the following day.  

I have resumed working on HATS Martha Dawson 1837 and am nearly done with the border...
WAH WHO!
I have a few more motifs and then her name at the bottom.  

I am getting ready for the BBDSAL weekend that I'll start next weekend.  
I was quite happy to work on Martha.  
I'm going to start She Works with Willing Hands.  
I have the box.  
I ordered it after I got the book.  

Been trying to pick an alternative to Weeks Dolphin and Seraphim (?) Eucalyptus and going crazy ordering all kinds of weird fabric.  
Tin Roof is a little dark on the left but, a definate possibility.  
Gun Metal on the right is too dark.
One more color I didn't post is Bramble and that might be the winner.  


I have decided since I'm over 60, living in an area where the Covid rates are going up and only 52% of my fellow citizens are vaccinated, to resume wearing a mask when I am in doors.  
I so totally don't want to get Covid, I have a wedding to help plan with my daughter.
Walking through the grocery store and maybe three other people had masks on, that wasn't most likely the people who aren't vaccinated.  
I don't believe the unvaccinated are wearing masks as they should.  

Stay safe my friends and keep on stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. Your bellpull turned out so nice.
    Love that barn quilt block.
    That dessert looks delicious.
    I still wear my mask when I got out, just don't trust other people.
    We were in Walgreens getting a Shingles shot, & a man, maybe in his 30's, came in for his 1st Covid shot.
    He wasn't wearing a mask! Makes me so mad!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you cross stitch piece is beautiful. Sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your LHN piece, Monica. Well done. Here's hoping that retirement will be soon. I know you must be counting down the days. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You're stitching on some awesome projects....and LOVE that coffee mug! I'm looking forward to a stitchy weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally able to comment again. Blogger was not behaving at all for me. Anyway, love your stitching choices. I am in the same boat as you. I told my DH today that I am about ready to start wearing my mask again inside. I wish more of the people would get the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete