Sunday, May 9, 2021

Happy Mother's Day and Other Stuff

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's or anyone who does motherly things for people!
I've been working pretty diligently on Martha Dawson and I think I'm way ahead in the SAL.  
I started the chimney's and the top of the roof.  
I figure I'm nearyly two thirds done.  

Close up of the serpent.  

She is a lovely sampler

The BBD I started last week, I'm going to work on the first weekend of the month with that SAL.
I decided to start Little Deeds from Scarlet House for Mother's Day.  
I'm using 36 count Confederate Grey, not a Zwiegert base.  
I think I have all the called for threads except Classic Coloworks Snowball.  I'm using Weeks Whitewash instead and it will be perfect.  It is as bright a white as Snowball.  
I wanted to start a smallish sampler.  
I thought about starting Tom Foolery or Esther Benson 1739 but, that is another big one.  
I've been seeing this alot on social media.   

m
We moved our Rhubarb plants this spring.
The spot we initially planted them was full sun but, as the trees have grown it is now too shady.
Because we moved them, we can't use them this year. 
One of my co-workers brought me some rhubard from her garden.  
I made a rhubarb pie for dessert today.  
We ate at one and Ed was able to come for dinner.  
Rhubarb pie is one of our favorites  
 I personally love anything with rhubarb in it!!!

I was riding my exercise bike one night last week.  
Buster's bed is next to it and blocked so Henry can't get at him and pester.  
I placed his blanket on him and he fell fast asleep, long after I was done and took a shower.  

e
They were tyring to help bake the pie and both looked at the camera when I called .  
That usually doesn't happen.  

Overall, I had a good day.  Katy called and we talked for a long time and I pressed Martha so I could take a good picture.  I cut the fabric for Little Deeds and pulled the thread.  Had to work on figuring out what our expenses are a month.  We met with one of our financial planners to see how we are doing for retirement.  Bob is pretty much retired and trying to figure out when I can retire, when to start drawing Social Security etc.  It is nerve racking but, I think we will be fine.  

Hope you had a good weekend.  Mine was good, now back to the old salt mines tomorrow and its going to be a very busy week.  

Stay safe and Keep Stitching

Monica

 

3 comments:

  1. Martha is so pretty, as is your new Sampler project.
    I brought my Rhubarb plants with us when we moved.
    They sure are thriving here, as they get more sun.
    I picked a bunch yesterday.
    The dogs are too cute.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha is looking good, Monica. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Love the pictures of the pups. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those retirement decisions cause stress. I remember it well. Martha Dawson is beautiful. I really enjoy a sampler with lots of motifs. I look at them as little finishes. I have fallen in love with the new Heartstrings Samplery patriotic piece with the quote from George Washington. I just have to wait and see if it has lots of over one. Maybe I need a real magnifier one of these days. I just use the glasses.

    ReplyDelete