Sunday, December 8, 2019

Feverishly Working But, I Have Some New Stuff

I have been feverishly working on Christmas presents and will be able to post in the future.
I am hoping to be able to start on new things.  
Don't exactly know yet, maybe something I just got.  
I did finish Scarlet House Pumpkins and Bittersweet. 
I worked on it at my Stitching group since I very well couldn't work on their gifts!
I started another Autumn one I had in my bag but will likely put it away until next fall.  
 After I saw the latest Chessie and Me Christmas designs, I had Kendra at the Stitching Bee get them for me.  
We stopped on Thursday when we were in Green Bay for Christmas shopping,  
Chessie and Me is in my  top ten designers....I probably have more than ten on the list in reality .  
Kind of reminds me of the BBD Bells on Christmas Morning I just got back from the framers.  
 This may be a do-able finish for Christmas.  
 This too will be a quick stitch too.  
 
The sampler was stitched in silks.  
The smaller ones in some Crescent Colors
I will probably work on converting everything to the same colors.  
 
I got the last of the Plum Street Sampler Saltboxes.  
Just wait until you see mine finished.  
There is a lot of stitching in these over one.  
Anyone who knows a website or floss tube with a good tutorial on the sewing method of stitching over one, please let me know.  
I tried to find one but, everything I found is the stab method and that's what I do now
 We did get nearly all our Christmas shopping done on Thursday.  
I just had to order an outfit for my MIL.  

Ticking off the Christmas list.  
A few things have fallen along the wayside:  Christmas cookies and most the cards.  
Hope your weekend was wonderful.  
As usual not enough time to stitch... a few hours.  

Thanks for stopping.
Keep on Stitching
Monica



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Pumpkins and Bittersweet. I need to order that one for next Fall. I ordered Peace and Goodwill. I will be doing mine in cotton floss. When I see the chart I can decide on colors. The saltboxes are wonderful but with lots of over one they will not be on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finish.
    I also love Chessie, and have ordered that Sampler, so pretty.
    She is so nice. I was looking for an OOP design of hers, Wisconsin River, so I contacted her, & she kitted it up for me! Great service! I have the companion piece, Door County done, so wanted that one to match.
    I love the Saltboxes, but didn't realize they are over 1.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your Pumpkins and Bittersweet finish! I see you chose the over two version like I did. What lovely charts you picked up! Look forward to seeing your saltbox finishes! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete