Thursday, December 15, 2016

Baby, It's Cold Outside

It has been pretty dog gone cold in the UP.  
That polar vortex :(
I think the windchill was at least -15 all day.  
Suppose to be cold tomorrow and then snow.
I decided to run my errands and grocery shop today so I can hibernate this weekend.  
Made and awesome dinner tonight from the Paula Dean One Dish Meals that came out this fall.  
It is Wine Braised Chicken with Bacon and Mushrooms.  
 I think says how everyone felt about it.,, seconds and thirds.  
 Progress is being made on the piece from Punch Needle and Primitive Stitching magazine.  
I have a little to do then I will move on to another Homespun Elegance Santa.  
 Felted wool clogs for Ed and decided to give them to him now before Christmas.  
I really wanted to see how they fit...and they are perfect.  

My daughter has started an Etsy store that has beautiful hand knitted accessories and jewelry.  
Please check it out.
Here is the Link:  The Covert Knitter
She also has a blog by the same name:  The Covert Knitter
Thanks for checking it out.  

Really looking forward to hibernating this weekend. 
I want to start a scarf for myself, work on the latest pair of socks and cross stitch of course.  
Hope the weather isn't too brutal where you are.  

Have a great weekend!
Keep on Stitching!
Monica

4 comments:

  1. The slippers turned out nice.
    The meal looks delicious!
    It's bitter cold here too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal looks wonderful!...must take a look at that pattern it is so cute lovely stitching,stay warm here in the north woods of MN we are experiencing the same thing plus windchill of -30 Brrr....☃☃have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your one pot dish looks fabulous. What a cute reindeer and Santa piece! The slippers turned out great. Thank you for sharing the links to your daughter's Etsy shop and blog. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have a look at your daughter's Etsy and blog. That dinner looks great! We are not as cold as you but the coldest it has been in 8 years and that's pretty darn cold. Love the little stitch.

    ReplyDelete