Sunday, November 8, 2015

There Have Been Trials and Tribulations

There have been trials and tribulations to say the least.  
Right after the post of October 18th, my mom started having stomach problems.  
We thought it was a stomach virus and thought for a day or two it was getting better, then it wasn't.  
I took her to the emergency department and they thought it was pneumonia and a UTI.  
Started treating her for that in the hospital and she was getting better, wacky from steroids, but, better.
Then the stomach thing resurrected and she was really sick but, refused to have an endoscopy to see what was going on.
Two days later, she finally agreed to it and was diagnosed with gastric paresis and treated with medication.  She has been getting better but, not good enough to go back to her assisted living and had to  go to a nursing home for rehab.  
My oldest sister was planning on coming home but, decided to do it sooner because we honestly thought this was the end. 
She is doing better, walking better and doing her daily cares, still wacky...mentally
While my sister was here, we did do some funeral planning as maudlin as it sounds.
After all that, we decided we needed something life affirming so we went to the Alpaca Farm/Yarn Store.
There are some very new babies, which are a concern but, they are soo adorable!
 Autumn and her momma...three days old and so sweet and a beautiful color.
 I do love the black alpaca's
 Artie who is about three weeks old and very energetic...not here. 
I love the color and markings on this face. 
Picked up this book and it has some wonderful patterns.  
Some alpaca sock yarn that was especially beautiful and needed to come home with me.  
Lastly, I finished Hocus Pocus.  Don't know when I will get around framing it.  I do love this pattern.
Onward to some Thanksgiving patterns.  I don't know that I have room for anymore but, I have one to do.

Friday, we leave for the Stitching Retreat.  I am really looking forward to this and have one of my other sisters coming for the weekend so I can go without guilt.

Hope things have been going well in your neck of the woods.
Keep on Stitching
Monica

5 comments:

  1. You have had some trials! Hope your Mother is improving. Nothing morbid about funeral arrangements--you will have more than enough to think about when that time comes. Lovely stitching--hope it distracts and calms you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts are with you and your mom-- Enjoy the Retreat, without guilt. I believe it will be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Mom is feeling better! Enjoy the retreat guilt-free! The yarn you picked up is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hocus Pocus is great! Hope your mom is doing better. I know how difficult this is for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hppe your mum is improving still:) Your latest finish looks wonderful - well done! The retreat sounds like bliss - have fun:)

    ReplyDelete